New salon crisis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsimzx

Reaction score
Hi im a beauty therapist opening a new small but modern salon in south croydon, london and i am looking for a hairdresser to work along-side me on a rent a chair basis.
currently i have been advertising for rent at 100 pw for up to 5 days with the first two months half price to allow time to build up a clientele. i thought this was very reasonable but i havent had much interest. any ideas on where to advertise? and is this price ok? thanks in advance

p.s if anyone is interested or knows anyone who would be the number to contact is 07951418501 thanks x

Hello, i think what you are offering is reasonable, you need to get some basic leaflets out round the town or where the business is, there are alot of people who want this opportunity as i was looking for this sort of things up north but i am running my own business now, yeah so get some business cards out with the advert on, shop windows, local free paper, local paper, i did my own leaflets to save money! good look

thanks for your ideas, very helpful x

hi i was thinking on moving and expanding and had thought of this to bring in more money but then i thought i was maybe getting into something i new nothing about? what if you had a client who went to them, didnt like thwm and then felt awkward about coming back to you? this and all sorts of other stuff came into my head! so ive decided against it but after reading this im wondering have i made wrong decision? ive a couple of girl who would do it.

Hi im a beauty therapist opening a new small but modern salon in south croydon, london and i am looking for a hairdresser to work along-side me on a rent a chair basis.
currently i have been advertising for rent at 100 pw for up to 5 days with the first two months half price to allow time to build up a clientele. i thought this was very reasonable but i havent had much interest. any ideas on where to advertise? and is this price ok? thanks in advance

p.s if anyone is interested or knows anyone who would be the number to contact is 07951418501 thanks x

Just a thought; but by asking that much and dispalying the figure you are narrowing down any interested Stylists. For a start that maybe a little too high for someone starting out or wanting to take the plunge. Start it off lower and steadily raise it has they build their clientele. Also when advertising DO NOT display the asking price, i.e. Someone maybe really interested but could only afford say £50.00 a week. By not displaying any figure you at least get to discuss it with someone who could be the real deal and really wants the opportunity. Here's where you then get to possibly build with them and increase things as they start to do well.

With your advert change it so there's no figure on it and get it up in places where its going to attract the right person i.e. Salon wholesalers, local papers and magazines. Oh and any places where you know Women or Men are going to spend loads of Money i.e. Gym's etc, etc.

Latest posts

Back