New to acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeAR

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've recently passed my ASP acrylic nails course and am still practising and trying to find my feet with the system and I was just wondering how you all do your french acrylics?

I have always just assumed that to do your french you'd do a bead of white in zone 1, shape the smile line then do pink/clear beads in zones 2 & 3. But when I was discussing it with a friend of mine who is a beauty therapist they said that the easiest way to do a frech set was to use white tips and a clear overlay?

I'm not so sure about this and I'm more inclined to just keep practicing with my white acrylic (man, the smile lines are HARD to create!) but it has made me curious as to how other techs do theirs?

Any help would be fab!

x

Hey I'm also just learning but in my course I got taught both . Using the white tips are alot easier because you don't have to create the smile line and use two different colours. But I think it would be good to be able to do both because some people like deeper smile lines and things xxx

Finger nail fixer has a fab video on perfecting your smile lines. I sat for days and days practicing them. It was worth it. So satisfying. With white tips I wonder how you rebalance them. Maybe just paint the white? I would rather do my smile line in white acrylic.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I did think the same Nikki about rebalancing and thought well you'd have to know how to apply white acrylic to get the smile line looking good again! I have seen the fingernail fixer video and I've just been reading all of the tutorial/articles on smile lines so I'll be going home today and doing some more practice.

I will definately keep practicing with the white acrylic, but I was just interested in how others get on with it x

White tips are a quick, easy, cheap way of doing French and in my opinion look quick, easy and cheap! I would suggest that you keep practicing with the white acrylic, once you have perfected that you can then move on to more advanced nails and nail art with sculpting which means you can produce different shaped nails, different effects and finishes and will show that you are a skilled nail technician :)

Latest posts

Back