New to creative, info needed for mani and pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade_m_b

Reaction score
Hi, i am a fully qualified beauty therapist and have only ever used orly, nailtiques, and jessica. I work full time in a spa, and have currently decided to work mobile from home on my days and evenings off to gain some extra money and build up my clientelle to eventually work full time from home.

I chose CND polish range and bought a few extra products like scentsations wash and cream, and cuticle remover etc.

1. Do you have to undertake a full creative course to enable you to do manicure and pedicure treatments from home using their range?

2. I know someone posted this is a previous thread last year but what are timings for mani and pedi's. Currently at work and what i would do from home, is 30mins nail shape and polish, 1hour for mani and pedi, 1hour 10 luxury mani, 1hour 20 luxury pedi. I do honestly have to say i struggle if i cut my timings down and dont like to do these treatments too fast, so would struggle to cut them down dramatically in time.

3. I bought 20 of the colours and 6 of the effects, i felt this was enough to get me started and offer my clients a wide range of colours would you aggree?

4. Do you offer heated mitts/booties with spa mani and pedi *luxury*, or do you just use the creative almond spa products with masque etc, and for standard just use scentsations scrub and wash etc?

5. I know this may sound stupid but what if your client has a nut allergy, i presume the almond spa range is a no no, i did notice they had the citrus range but felt i wouldnt want to buy both ranges in.

6. what are peoples rough pricing brackets for the services of basic nail shapes using creative, and mani/pedi

Any help would be great, sorry i know this was a long one!

any advice would be kindly appreciated.

jade x

I would say go on the spa course, it's well worth it and you get the intro kit included which has small sizes of the citrus spa manicure and the marine spa pedicure products.....it's one day and you will pick up lots of tips on how to get the best out of the products and be able to ask any questions.
I did mine at Fingertips in Edinburgh and really enjoyed the day!

They have the intro kits for the almond spa manicure and earth spa pedicure too, these are great as they are well priced with everything you need to get you started, then you can replace with the larger sizes as you run out, rather than paying out for full sizes straight away. It also includes a DVD which tells you about the products and demonstrates a step by step routine.

Re your timings, it's really up to you, you're working for yourself so take as long as you want to....no point in rushing and giving a lesser service, give your clients the best you can.

Give sweet squared a call and get more details, or if you look in the events section here you may be able to find the next date near you.
HTH Lou xx

p.s. Ohh almost forgot there is a spa video on the CND site, also on you tube, sorry I don't have the links but I'm sure you'll be able to search quite easily.

Last edited:
Thankyou thats a great help, x:)

Latest posts

Back