New to individual eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hello everyone, I qualified in lash extensions two weeks ago so I'm very new to lashing. The eyelash course I went on was a Lash FX and it was in all honesty a very basic course just showing you how to apply the lashes no technique or information about curl types, lengths or variation in natural lashes. I have since been trolling through endless forums and videos to try and educate myself best I can and basically am wanting some feedback on a set of lashes I have done.
I am currently using the marvel lash under eye pads and I am finding it very difficult to apply as the shape is unusual, anyone recommend a good under eye pad?
I am now using the flirties expert glue and flirties flat eclipse lashes .
On this client I uses 8mm, 9mm, 10mm , 11mm and 12mm.
10411077_10153308858465679_629353730687453077_n.jpg

Hi Paige,

I am also new to lashes since end of Sept and am happy that my course with Frankie Widdows was very informative where you say yours was not.
However, these look like a fab set of lashes!! I think you should be very proud of these as a beginner!

Hi Paige,

I am also new to lashes since end of Sept and am happy that my course with Frankie Widdows was very informative where you say yours was not.
However, these look like a fab set of lashes!! I think you should be very proud of these as a beginner!
M
Hey! Aw thank you! Im looking at joining her online Facebook group and access to private videos, have you heard much about it?
Have you any pictures of your lashes?
How long is a set taking you at the minute? Xx

I havnt heard much about her fb page tbh, but then again I'm not a massive fb fan It was something she mentioned during the course but I mainly use her YouTube vids instead anyway.

Funny you should ask about how long it takes me.....ive just done my longest set ever tonight at 3hrs it was an old work colleague so we were pretty chatty which didn't help! But I'd say it usually takes me about 2hrs 15m, give or take. And I havnt found I'm getting much faster with practice, just getting a much better finish in the same time.
How about you??

This is so sad to hear, I'm sorry your training has been somewhat lacking in information! Your set is great for a newbie :) it took me around 6months to get my work down from 3 hours to 1 hour lol. Keep practising it'll come!

I know you've just forked out for a course, so paying for another might not be feasible right now. In the first instance I would email them and ask them to explain and answer any queries you might have. Secondly if you don't get an answer send me a message and I'll try to help you :)

I've been extending lashes since 2010 so I know a thing or two lol. XxX

They look fab! Mine deffo didn't look like that right after training! Funny you should mention the marvel lash pads, I recently picked up a pack after I ran out of my usual more expensive ones and found them 10x better! The shape is perfect, they're not too long and aren't as flimsy and dont push the lashes up into an awkward position.

There is a fab page called Lessons in Lashes on Facebook too...a wealth of knowledge on there by Rachel Bridges who is an amazing lash artist of over 6 years experience! You should have a look at that...it's amazing! I've been a member of both groups and have stuck with Lessons in lashes, personally xx

Oh and your lashes look fab for qualifying so recently...did u say these were flat lashes? x

These are amazing well done!! And yes marvel pads are utterly crap in my opinion, I use flirties but if I've only got marvel pads left I have to trim off that inner corner bit. Xxx

There is a fab page called Lessons in Lashes on Facebook too...a wealth of knowledge on there by Rachel Bridges who is an amazing lash artist of over 6 years experience! You should have a look at that...it's amazing! I've been a member of both groups and have stuck with Lessons in lashes, personally xx
Ahh thanks for that ill have a look into it, so you found that page better than the Frankie widows one? What sort of contents does it have? xx

These are amazing well done!! And yes marvel pads are utterly crap in my opinion, I use flirties but if I've only got marvel pads left I have to trim off that inner corner bit. Xxx
God yes I hate that part I cut it off too and I feel like they are thick and as they don't sit well they are lifting! I have to use the tape always with them if not I get little lashes come through! ill have a look into the flirties ones! x

Oh and your lashes look fab for qualifying so recently...did u say these were flat lashes? x
Yes they are the flirties flat lashes in a c-curl xxx

12376551_10153319018305679_4744264152062098107_n.jpg

Hey everyone, this is another classic set I done today, Any advice - much appreciated Paige xxx

Latest posts

Back