New treatment - IPL or semi perm make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little voyce

Reaction score
Hi

I know it's like comparing apples and oranges - they're both fruit but totally different... However, if wanting to add an advanced treatment which - in your EXPERIENCE - is the better earner? And which costs less to maintain (i.e. products needed). Not bothered about initial cost of machine, just possible income and on-going costs. Eg. I know SPMU needs new needles and pigments but that IPL needs new flashes etc...

Just want a general feeling of the market from peeps out there. Thanks.

I have a friend that offers IPL and is quite busy with it for hair removal... But in my opinion the lady I know doing laser tattoo removal is busier and let's face it with so many really bad semi permanent make up techs out there she won't be short of work in the future lol

Having said that, I do spmu and after doing some training in IPL years ago decided it wasn't for me mostly due to (at the time) new developments and machines and costs.

We have recently taken on IPL hair removal and more recently IPL skin rejuvenation and breast plumping, really good move, I love it, we are looking into eyebrow microblading next!

Thanks PinkThistle. I already do lots of electrolysis and non-laser tattoo removal. I did train in SPMU 8 years ago, but took a lot of time out and recently did a refresher. I then realised how much I didn't really feel it was my 'thing' (and it's not cheap to just dabble in with pigments and needles) but wondered if I should persevere (no clients have ever complained!).

I also do quite a lot of advanced skin therapy, so wondered if I should swap my investment around!

I agree, I was unsure whether to go down the IPL route because of new technology....

I'm always drawn to bright new shiny things!!!

Latest posts

Back