New treatments-what to offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelz29

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I have my own business set up at home I do pretty much everything apart from acrylics. My popular ones are eyelash extensions and HD style brows. I'm ready now to add on more treatments to my list and would love to do volume lashes does anyone have any recommendations of courses please?? I have a number for Louise from Flirties and called a few times but had no return unfortunately.

I also do microdermabraision facials and looking to add treatments in this area. I've been looking at a CryoPen does anyone have any opinions on this please. Or any recommendations of other treatments in this area derma rollers etc.....

Also is there anything else on the market anyone would recommend please????

Thank you in advance

Kelly xx

Hello Ladies,

I have my own business set up at home I do pretty much everything apart from acrylics. My popular ones are eyelash extensions and HD style brows. I'm ready now to add on more treatments to my list and would love to do volume lashes does anyone have any recommendations of courses please?? I have a number for Louise from Flirties and called a few times but had no return unfortunately.

I also do microdermabraision facials and looking to add treatments in this area. I've been looking at a CryoPen does anyone have any opinions on this please. Or any recommendations of other treatments in this area derma rollers etc.....

Also is there anything else on the market anyone would recommend please????

Thank you in advance

Kelly xx

Hi Kelly,

I can help you in the area of facials if you're looking to add treatments. if you could answer the following questions i can help you more and advise if cryopen is suitable:

1. what is your main customer base agewise?
2. what skin concerns are they mainly presenting?
3. have customers mentioned anything about what they would like in terms of results from facials?
4. what are your customers paying now for facial treatments and how much do you think they'll be willing to pay for advanced treatments?

Thanks

Mels :)

Hi Mels,

I have a varied age range tbh and my business is picking up all the time but I'm looking to expand in different areas though no one has specifically asked me about anything else. The CryoPen looked like an interesting area to get into to treat warts, moles, skin tags etc and with nhs not really offering these treatments anymore I could can see potential. I was also thinking of approaching surgeries and clinics too. I've looked at some videos and all looks great in theory but it has been mentioned burns can happen so this is my main concern and wonder if it is worth going into or not??

Please don't go for CryoPen :eek:

I would say, don't do these treatments unless you know you have the demand for them. So many doctors do it themselves now on a private basis. The NHS never offered these treatments anyway (except in extreme cases). It's general dermatology they have cut down on a great deal (acne, eczema, psoriasis).

Arrr ok thank you!!

Hi Mels,

I have a varied age range tbh and my business is picking up all the time but I'm looking to expand in different areas though no one has specifically asked me about anything else. The CryoPen looked like an interesting area to get into to treat warts, moles, skin tags etc and with nhs not really offering these treatments anymore I could can see potential. I was also thinking of approaching surgeries and clinics too. I've looked at some videos and all looks great in theory but it has been mentioned burns can happen so this is my main concern and wonder if it is worth going into or not??

I would agree with PammieD Cryopen is a difficult one and sometimes even after multiple treatments skin tags can come back.
From my experience when introducing new facial treatments anti-ageing ones always go down well, body treatments have been picking up in general across salons and clinics according to 2015 research but again it would depend if your clients would be interested.
We do a free business analysis for business owners at Neo Elegance if you'd like to speak with our business consultants who can help identify your target market, areas of growth within you salon and possible treatments to boost revenue an increase clients.

personally i've seen an increase in clients when i started my treatments to target fine lines and wrinkles more, i introduced acne treatments too but not as popular as the anti ageing ones - even though i'm located near a lot of student accommodation.

Let me know if i can help with any other questions.

Best Regards,
Mel

Fab thank you Mel I think I am swaying away from the CryoPen and will look more into anti ageing treatments. Also thank you for the offer though my business is small and building up at a pace perfect for me and my current situation with children etc....

Thank you,

Kelly

What anti ageing facials would you say give good results?

What results are you after?

Thanks!

Mel
Thankyou for getting back to me.My clients are concerned with wrinkles and a overall youthful look. I offer diamond dermabrasion and glycolic peels but I'm not getting great results with those?

Thankyou for getting back to me.My clients are concerned with wrinkles and a overall youthful look. I offer diamond dermabrasion and glycolic peels but I'm not getting great results with those?

Peels should be a good way to give skin a youthful glow and even for reducing wrinkles. What I've found with treating fine lines and wrinkles you need to try a multi-modal approach, so do a couple of types of treatments to get the BEST POSSIBLE results. like on my clients I use diamond microdermabrasion, radiofrequency and LED therapy to reduce the fine wrinkles and wrinkles and I always suggest them to change their skincare to use retinol, hyaluronic acid based products and get strict with Sun care.
I know others who will use laser, dermapen, ultrasound and LED therapy and the results are fab! - obviously these would be more expensive treatment packages

in terms of peels and microderma you're basically removing the dead skin cells etc what you should implement is actual treatments - like RF can increase collagen production and plump skin, microcurrent can tighten muscles to reduce wrinkles.

hope that helps

If you need any further help with this just pop me a message i'd be happy to help!

Best Wishes,
Mel :)

Thankyou for that. What's RF? Where could I get a reasonably priced micro current machine from? Xx

Thankyou for that. What's RF? Where could I get a reasonably priced micro current machine from? Xx
RF stands for Radio Frequency. I bought 2 devices from Neo Elegance and my clients love the treatment and have commented that their skin feels firmer after a few treatments
I also like their after care service.
Stay away from the cheaper imitations as they are not only a waste of money but a friend who bought one from eBay had adverse reactions around her eyes. I prefer to deal with UK based business who provide after sale service and these people at Neo are professionals and very helpful

RF stands for Radio Frequency. I bought 2 devices from Neo Elegance and my clients love the treatment and have commented that their skin feels firmer after a few treatments
Stay away from the cheaper imitations as they are not only a waste of money but a friend who bought one from eBay had adverse reactions around her eyes. I prefer to deal with UK based business who provide after sale service and these people at Neo are professionals and very helpful
Thankyou I will read up abit more on ou and look into getting a machine X

Thank you very much Sheila!! Glad you like the products, do let us know how you get on further.

Best wishes Mel :)

If you need any help just pop me a message with your email and I'll get some information sent to you.

Best regards,
Mel

Fab information thank you xx

Latest posts

Back