Newbie and a little upset :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnyminnie

Reaction score
hi everyone,
i have recently advertised a job on here as everyone seems really honest, helpful and professional. HOWEVER, i have had nothing but other salon owners questioning me as if they are potential applicants and then once they have recieved the relevant answers they disappear. Im an upfront honest kind of person who is more than happy to answer anyones questions about advertising or what i offer vacancy-wise so they can compare, its the decieving me that i find a little upsetting :( is it me or should people just be upfront with me rather than getting my hopes up that i have actually found a fully qualified willing to work beautician!!! sorry rant over xxx

hi everyone,
i have recently advertised a job on here as everyone seems really honest, helpful and professional. HOWEVER, i have had nothing but other salon owners questioning me as if they are potential applicants and then once they have recieved the relevant answers they disappear. Im an upfront honest kind of person who is more than happy to answer anyones questions about advertising or what i offer vacancy-wise so they can compare, its the decieving me that i find a little upsetting :( is it me or should people just be upfront with me rather than getting my hopes up that i have actually found a fully qualified willing to work beautician!!! sorry rant over xxx

sorry to hear that! I hope ur luck will turn soon, I wouldve thought that there are lots of beauty therapists about looking for jobs, maybe not in your area? good luck with finding the right one!

awww thanks hun:) fingers crossed :) x

hi everyone,

Oh no! How frustrating!

Most people on this site are really lovely and very helpful so i hope it doesn't put you off. Hopefully they'll read this and realise that they are being silly...they could just start a thread lol.

I think sometimes someone does something like this, thinking they are the only one, but actually loads of people are doing it.

Maybe when someone rings you could ask them for an interview so you could discuss all the details and any questions they may have in person. It could stop time wasters and let you get a feel for the candidate too.

I hope you find a fantastic therapist soon! xx

aww thanks ladies, faith is being restored in this sight :) deffo wont be handing out any info without a lickle chat before hand just thought it'd help them decide if the position was for them before we made arrangements, arhh well live and learn ay :) x

Latest posts

Back