Newbie and in need of help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulou27

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im a newbie to this site and I wanted to ask for some advice please. I am starting a level 2 beauty therapy course in September and i've got to order my kit they have given me the details of where to purchase but I want to know if i can get them cheaper elsewhere, so my uniform consists of a white claudette tunic from labeebyacademy.co.uk, also colette black trousers and francesXXX black shoes.

Also they have given an order form for contact direct limited to supply the makeup and brushes for £90.00 would you say this is reasonable? as I have no idea and I also have to purchase a Level 2 beauty kit from beauty express for £115.00 is this also reasonable or could I do better?:rolleyes:

I would be grateful for any suggestions please as I have no idea what I am doing.:eek:

hello,

Im already doing the nvq level 2 beauty course and personally, I didnt buy the kit... half of us did and half didn't.. my teacher just tells us what to buy for each topic.. i.e. manicures/pedicures/eye last perming/tinting etc... apparently the makeup kit which comes with the kit, is not very good value for money at all so its up to you but I would say just buy stuff as you go along .. if u know what topic you shall be starting on, i can give you tips of what to buy.. kind wishes

I went for my interview last week and I asked if I could get my own kit and was told that everyone has to work at the same level so therfore should all use the same which I think is just a con. We are starting the course with manicures and pedicures so I would have liked to use nails inc products and opi so I could keep hold of them for future use Im not sure what quality the student kits are because I dont really want to waste money on cheap.

Forgot to say thanks:)

Lol ur very welcome xx hope the course goes well! Xxx please feel free to ask me anything x

Latest posts

Back