Newbie confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Jess

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My gel extension course starts on the 17th and I'm just looking into what I need to buy kit wise.....
What I'm confused about is - you can buy coloured gels - but some people still use nail polish? Why?

Also, do you use the polish that you'd put on the overlays, onto the nail wheel display thingys?

I hope that makes sense :) thank you xxx

Can you not buy a kit from them? If not you'll probably use there products to train with and they'll give you all the info you need to move on

Good luck :)

Can you not buy a kit from them? If not you'll probably use there products to train with and they'll give you all the info you need to move on

Good luck :)

Thanks Nikki. I could buy a kit from them but I want to use nsi so I am going to buy from nsi instead. But I want to get my kit before my course so that as soon as I'm done I can get practicing. X

The reason for using polish instead of coloured gels for extensions is you would have to completely remove the extension every time the clients wanted a new colour whereas with polish you can just quickly swipe of, infill your extensions and polish again in new color! So much less time consuming & cheaper for your client & most likely you. Hope that helps for you and good luck on your course xx

The reason for using polish instead of coloured gels for extensions is you would have to completely remove the extension every time the clients wanted a new colour whereas with polish you can just quickly swipe of, infill your extensions and polish again in new color! So much less time consuming & cheaper for your client & most likely you. Hope that helps for you and good luck on your course xx

Amazing reply :) thank you so much. Makes sooooo much sense. So would you say there's not much point in buying many coloured gels? X

I would wait till your on your course, they always have tips on what to buy and what not to buy, they will probably sell some kits too

Latest posts

Back