Newbie, how do you arrange your table please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthy2

Reaction score
Hi there

Might seem a silly question but pls could someone give me some advice on what needs to go on your table to look nice plus essential things and what bowl or dish do u use to soak ur nails. I've been told that how u do ur table has a big impact on the mood and type of service you wasn't to present. Any help would be so appreciated xxx

When you were training did you have a specific layout that you set up each time?

I still stick to that but ensure everything I use is set to my right as I'm right handed.
My lamp is sat at my left but that usually gets used in the centre (ish) dependant on which hand is in at the time.
My manicure soak bowl was never sat out awaiting, it was in a cupboard/drawer away from dust etc between 'soaking' manicure clients.

I'm right handed, and have all my supplies set out to my left, as I have a tendency to knock stuff over if it's on my right! I have my lamp to the right, and if I'm doing acrylics, I have the Liquid & Powder to my right too (I manage not to knock that over)

Thanks that's really helpful..... How many towels do u have and where do u position them? And do u have anything pretty out like stones or flowers etc? Sorry for all the questions xxx

I'm right handed, and have all my supplies set out to my left, as I have a tendency to knock stuff over if it's on my right! I have my lamp to the right, and if I'm doing acrylics, I have the Liquid & Powder to my right too (I manage not to knock that over)
The whole point of having your items laid out to your 'handedness' is so you aren't reaching over clients hands to
pick up products, thus eliminating any product dripping, dropping or spilling on your clients skin.
If you knock and spill then why not get a little basket to stand it all in?

Thanks that's really helpful..... How many towels do u have and where do u position them? And do u have anything pretty out like stones or flowers etc? Sorry for all the questions xxx
I have a towel on my desk (then hand pillow and couch roll) plus one for manicure if I am doing them which I place over my lap for ease of access.

No stones or flowers, they get in the way.
They only look good IMO for photos, not real working life.

Hi,

I am mobile so am always at a clients house. I use a corner of a dining table and always set out as follows...
- Lay my towel out to cover the corner with couch roll on top to capture dust.
- All my equipment to my left as I am left handed.
- Little pot to put tip cuttings and saturated pads in (I then clip the lid on and take them home with me)
- Uv light off the side until needed, I then bring it into the middle; resting the hand
I am applying gel to on the edge of this and swap them as I am freeze curing.
- I also keep my case to the side and tidy stuff away as I go so I don't take an age to tidy away once I am finished.

Hope this is of some help? xx

Thank you so much for all ur advice and help it is really appreciated xxxxx:p

Latest posts

Back