Newbie needs help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsL

Reaction score
Hi All,

Total newbie here and am really looking for some advice from you lovely ones already in the profession! I'm looking to train to become a mobile nail technician after being made redundant last year (and much deliberation over what I actually really want to do!), I spent some time on the phone to a lovely helpful lady today who advised me that I can do accredited courses through The Guild of Beauty Therapists rather than a full NVQ.

As I am just trying to get my head around all of the different courses and accreditations can anyone tell me if this is a good idea, will I be able to buy gel polish kits with this accreditation etc?

Sorry to make first post long winded and I'm sure you all get asked these things a lot but anyone with 5 minutes to spare to help would be much appreciated! Thanks very much!!

Hey. I did my training with CND Shellac at the fingertips centre in Glasgow. They have centres all over the uk I am sure. You get a kit with that and I highly recommend them. Hope that helps.

Have uou looked at local colleges to see if they offer any nvq courses?

Hiya, yes you will be able to get gel polish kits with these types of courses. Most brands will let you buy their kits with just a manicure qualification.

If you know of any brand that you want to use, maybe try contacting them as most brands do their own spicific training, that will teach you anything from Acrylic, and Gel extensions to Gel Polish. Well worth the investment, as you would normally get the kit supplied with your course fee. HTH x

Latest posts

Back