Newbie question: Autoclave vs steriliser vs disinfectant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just starting out as a nail technician and wondered what is the best way to sterilize/disinfect manicure tools. I've seen a salon use the UV sanitizer below; are these any good? Or is Barbicide sufficient?

Attachments

• 1433366992186.jpg
    1433366992186.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 22
Scrub and soak in barbicide. Much easier. You don't use anything non metal which is what uv sterilisers are best for.

Thank you. My cuticle nipper and cuticle pusher are. What can I use to scrub the tools with?

Your cuticle nippers and pusher aren't metal?
Use a nail brush

Thank you. My cuticle nipper and cuticle pusher are. What can I use to scrub the tools with?

You can use a cheap nail brush like this one you can get from amazon or pound shop. Scrub the tools with some anti bacterial soap/hot water then let sit in barbicide like the poster above mentioned

Hope I helped! :)

Attachments

• 1433369550195.jpg
    1433369550195.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 14
You can use a cheap nail brush like this one you can get from amazon or pound shop. Scrub the tools with some anti bacterial soap/hot water then let sit in barbicide like the poster above mentioned

Hope I helped! :)
Thank you that's great

Latest posts

Back