Newbie - rent a chair/table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayemem37

Reaction score
Hi Nail geeks,
I'm a newbie to the site - so hello to all. I'm also a newbie to Gel nails having been out of the industry for a while and now returning.
My question is - I've been offered the chance to 'rent a chair' - or in my case manicure table, in a good local Hair salon in Somerset, on the outskirts of town. Can anyone give me general guidance on what would be a fair rent or percentage to pay please?
Thanks
Jayemem37

What are they saying they want to charge you? Asking what would be a fair price is one of those "how long's a piece of string" type questions!! It would depend very much on the salon location, what part of the country you are in, how upmarket/exclusive the salon is, what costs are included in the price e.g are you buying your products or are they? Are you paying for advertising or are they? Renting a room/table can vary in the region of £50 - £100 a week (maybe more for upmarket places), and as a percentage split, if they supply the products it would be reasonable for you to take home about 40% of your takings, or about 60% if you buy your own products. Thats just my opinion though, like I said above, it can vary so much depending on lots of factors.

Thanks 'chelle,
yes I thought it would be difficult to answer because of the variables, and I'm really looking for an indication so your reply is very helpful . I'm supplying all the furniture, products and am just renting the space. The hair salon is long established and is on the outskirts of a large town in the South West in a good area.
Jayemem37

It sounds like a good opportunity, especially if its a well established salon because you'll find it so much easier to build up a client base.

I get an absolute bargain with my rent. Same as you I rent a room in a hair salon. Its a really nice room and it opens out onto the hair area so people can see you, but you can close the door if you need privacy for waxing, I buy all my own products, do my own advertising etc. The salon has been established for 18 years and its in the middle of a busy high street, and I pay £50 a week.

Latest posts

Back