Newly qualified - any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilemeeeee

Reaction score
Hi, I've just qualified as a hairdresser and am hoping to become a mobile hairdresser. Any advice at all from anyone welcome.

I'm particular interested in help in setting up, taxes etc, advertising, pricing, products.

Although I am qualified, I don't yet feel very confident due to lack of experience so am planning on keeping my prices low until I am...is this the best way do you think?

Thanks!

Im not a hair dresser but didn't want to read and run.
I have a beauty salon , I started 10 years ago mobile and have just opened my salon 6 weeks ago.
The only advice I can give you is "just do" and get all the practice you can - but make sure you always get paid even if your doing a few specials to start.

Nothing builds confidence like stepping out your comfort zone and just doing it- believe in your self . Your the expert in your trade.

And nothing gives you more of a boost that your first Full paying client.

One more thing is id say research , watch you tube , use this forum . Its amazing how clients can just blast questions at you rapidly - so its important to be able to answer best you can , this will set you apart and build trust . hope this helps

ps . set prices at the rate of your area and keep them at the higher end -this way if you do discounts youll not be out of pocket

Thank you so much for your reply. Some really good thoughts there, given me stuff to think about.x

Hi I’m in the exact same boat, due to finish my level 3 next year and really want to work for myself. I’m very interested in following your journey. Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back