Next steps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel90

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted on here a while ago to request advice on starting up. Well I now have insurance and have registered with HMRC. I have a name in mind which doesn't seem to already exist. What are the next steps I need to take? Can I just go ahead and start working?
I have a summerhouse I will be working from which I need to have the electrics sorted on first though. I also wondered if I need everything to be PAT tested?

Thank you

If you are looking to work from your summerhouse you'll need permission from your landlord/mortgage company to use it and also from the council I believe.

If the name hasn't been registered with the IPO you can use it. If it has been registered (in the categories you want to work in) you can still use it but you might get a cease and desist letter telling you to stop from the owner of the trademark.

Pat testing is good practice and may be a requirement of your insurance company but it's not a legal requirement.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back