Next steps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophii

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm currently doing my level 3 diploma with PoshNailz and should be finished by end of May/early June. Our course covers mani, pedi, gel, wraps, acrylic and nail art. After I've qualified I'd like to set up a mobile business to fit in around my other job (I work in a school). My question is what would be your next step? Should I carry on practising and get more confident before even thinking of setting up? Or should I be looking to get a license as soon as I've qualified and get going? I currently use blue sky on myself at home and have all the kit, but I'd like to invest in gelish; should I buy the kit straight away or use what I have to begin with? When first starting out I'd obviously start my pricing low...

Thanks!

A license?......Do you mean insurance? I practiced a lot before I dared do someone else's nails, but I suppose it depends how confident you are. Not sure I'd personally want to use blue sky on clients, only because I believe anyone can get it so it's not a pro brand as such. But this is up to you to decide. x

A license?......Do you mean insurance? I practiced a lot before I dared do someone else's nails, but I suppose it depends how confident you are. Not sure I'd personally want to use blue sky on clients, only because I believe anyone can get it so it's not a pro brand as such. But this is up to you to decide. x
Sorry, yes I meant insurance. Thank you for your advice! Perhaps I could carry on using bluesky on friends/family whilst I'm still practising...

Latest posts

Back