NHS discount advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbsxo

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has experience of advertising with the NHS Discount Site as I've had a visit from a rep today & not sure if it would be worthwhile.

The business (I.e., me) pays to advertise on the NHS Intranet by offering 'discounts & offers' to NHS staff.

It's not particularly cheap but wondered if anyone could give me feedback.

TIA

Debbsxo

I have a free advert on there and you can pay monthly to be on the home page but price varies month on month as it's a bidding system.

All I know if they send me lots of e-mails lol. Not actually ever met a rep etc as come across them myself online.

I have a free advert on there and you can pay monthly to be on the home page but price varies month on month as it's a bidding system.

All I know if they send me lots of e-mails lol. Not actually ever met a rep etc as come across them myself online.

This is a pay a deposit then 3 payments after & it's for one year. They do the design etc & you can change the ad/offer monthly....

I'd personally avoid. I have had lots of promos like this over the years and never get to see much return.

Do you know anyone in the nhs to see if they ever use these advertising mediums?

I have spent a lot in my time and now know what works and what doesn't. If you would PM me I'd be interested to know what they charge, or put it on here as it's not private!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just wondered if anyone has experience of advertising with the NHS Discount Site as I've had a visit from a rep today & not sure if it would be worthwhile.

The business (I.e., me) pays to advertise on the NHS Intranet by offering 'discounts & offers' to NHS staff.

It's not particularly cheap but wondered if anyone could give me feedback.

TIA

Debbsxo

I just put a free advert up on an NHS site the other day. Try finding a free one first and if it works for you then consider paying xxx

One the most important thing is to ask how many unique visitors the site gets etc and their bounce rates. If they don't know these facts, avoid.

It sounds like one of the generic websites that just advertise deals for services on their own website not the intranet but I might be wrong.

I know the intranet is massively restricted so yeah... I'd personally be sceptical but I'm a grumpy old man :)

I wouldn't bother.

You'd be better off contacting or advertising to your local NHS trust if you'd like to offer a discount.

Hi we did this a few years ago and paid about £500 for 12 mths, we did not get any new clients just alerted our own clients who work in the NHS for the discount.

I work for the NHS and I'm lucky to finish a drink, or sometimes even go to the loo during a shift. Reading my work emails can be a challenge too so there is no room in my head to even think about looking on that media platform. In fact I'd completely forgotten that we had such a thing until reading this thread.

Hi, I work for UCL/NHS (my day job) and have done the free advertising but have never had a client come to me through their website, only through my personal website and marketing. I contemplated getting the paid advert and had a look at the website to see how easy it was to find my ad or another salon and didn't like the needle in the haystack approach so I didn't bother. It is a bidding system and they bombard me with emails for years but I never heard from a Rep in person/phone. Personally I don't think it's worth it but you should have a look at the website yourself to decide if it will work in your area.

Personally i would avoid, i know a salon that got duped into paying lots, and they received no foot fall or promotion. Its really shady! they go around booking appointments saying can you handle the 12000 footfall etc and that's its nationwide, with huge discounts available and you will be one out of three lucky salons to go into the website. I heard the spiel and all i have to say is Avoid! ;) xoxo

Thanks for all your replies guys - really appreciate it.

Vic - cost starts at over £600 for a small strip ad (c2cm x 8cm) for a years advertising so not cheap and goes up to almost £900 for an 8 x 12!

Will give it a miss I think - word of mouth seems to be working at the mo!

I think that's a good move. Your money is much better spent targeting the more local clientele that you want to appeal to

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back