NHS Discount

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugar300

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Do any of you offer a NHS Discount - if so how much is sufficient? I was thinking of around the 10% to 15% -

Also how do you check that they are NHS i.e. Check their employment ID Card's?

Also do you get much business from offering this?

Thanks in advance Xx

I offer 15% to NHS & army staff. Not had 1 booking asking for this discount to be applied yet. For the army staff I've included partners / wife's etc. I have added onto my website that proof will be needed. X

NHS and Public Services discounts I believe go down well.
I work part time for NHS and I think 10/15% would be sufficient.
I know restaurants offer 20% but then the mark up on food is massive of course.

Best thing is if get few nurses in etc they can then put it on there local hospital intranet which is an info hub accessible by whole hospital so lots of potential clients.

Warrant cards for police, fire brigade have ID cards and NHS all have there own ID's too and won't be offended if you ask.

Thank you Leely - that's helpful to know Xx

I don't offer any discount anymore because where do you stop? emergency services, nhs, armed forces..... if you have your heart set on doing it i would personally do 10% off when you spend over £X. and make sure you put your small print, for example... the discount only applies to nhs employees, not friends and family. a current pay slip or dated nhs id badge must be shown at time of paying. sorry my brains not working today i can't think of anymore :lol:

Thank you - was thinking more of the 10% mark Xx

Banner Penguin - I work around the corner to a hospital - and will only offer it to staff not extend it to family member's as Dolly6410 say's "where do you stop" - will give a go if it work's out great if not then I can take it off my website Xx

I am thinking of taking mine off my website as had it on there since I started out and not 1 booking. X

Guys you can have it on your website but like you say most likely won't get seen. The people your trying to capture work a lot and don't have time to shop around where there going to get nails done etc. Small run of leaflets given to hospital reception will quickly get around, if near hospital etc could poster in the window. Also there are websites out there you can advertise that professionals check and get e-mails from. They tend to not come to you unless know about it. Need to shove it in there face :) Busy people.

We use to do this but never had any new clients from it just ended up discounting the clients we already had.
Also in the booklet they gave us they had our name but someone else's number and website so be sure to check!!x

Latest posts

Back