Nitrile gloves dissolving!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leescah

Reaction score
Hi guys! So the oddest thing happened today - I always wear gloves when I perform removals (I work with Shellac) to protect my own mani and up until now had been using some natural latex gloves (by Spontex) which, despite what I have read, have always held up pretty well to acetone especially considering I use it quite a lot (I do a lot of nail stamping too so use it for cleanup - plates and nails).

However I wanted to get some new gloves as the sizing on these weren't great (too big on me, they hinder me quite a lot!) plus also there's always a risk of a client being allergic to natural latex, so I picked up a pack of Nitrile gloves from Capital Beauty after hearing that Nitrile is the one for acetone resistance,

Well... not the case for the lot I got. They literally FELL apart before our very eyes at the first contact with the acetone!! Has anyone ever had this before?? Perhaps I have a mislabelled batch (so not in fact Nitrile at all)??

This is very odd. I use nitrile gloves for everything and acetone never dissolves them. Have you contacted the company? Maybe it is a faulty batch

Hi I had been using a particular brand of blue nitrile gloves and they were perfect for using with acetone.
I then ordered a pack of pink nitrile gloves that were a different brand and they fall apart as soon as I go anywhere near acetone! I will definitely be going back to ordering the blue ones!

Maybe some are just stronger than others or a different type if nitrile? Very annoying though!

I've never had any luck with nitrile gloves even a few medical ones my dermatologist gave me

When I find out where it was i got this particular box from il post the link.

Ok good at least I know it's not just me!
This is very odd. I use nitrile gloves for everything and acetone never dissolves them. Have you contacted the company? Maybe it is a faulty batch
Not yet no, but I have the melted gloves so was going to take them back (along with the rest of the pack) to show them as soon as I can get back there!
When I find out where it was i got this particular box from il post the link.
That would be brilliant, thank you!

Latest posts

Back