Not busy, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah McGinty

Reaction score
Hi guys , I'm finding that just recently im not busy in my salon ( nails ) I have all my regulars but I'm not getting new clients in ! Iv had my salon nearly 5 years and iv never been as quite for april , also i use CND and have never increased my prices since opening ! Please can you give me any hints tips to help out ! Thank you

Hi, sorry to hear you are quiet. There is nothing worse is there! What do you offer in your salon? Minx, shellac, rockstar? Firstly I wouldn't lower your current prices. Why not offer add ons at a discount. I.e: with every set of nails toes are half price. ( make sure you stipulate that toes are to be done at same time as nails. ) do you use Facebook at all? I encourage all clients to add us on fb then do exclusive fb offers. We are all guilty of looking at fb throughout the day, and that way they can see your updates instantly. Also we offer a loyalty scheme to our clients. Every time they visit they get 'points' once they have gained enough points they can redeem them against products / treatments. We try to encourage clients to use them against new treatments. So they will get hooked and repeat book. I often find April a tricky month. May seems to pick up as holiday season kicks in. Keep positive! X:)

Hi guys , I'm finding that just recently im not busy in my salon ( nails ) I have all my regulars but I'm not getting new clients in ! Iv had my salon nearly 5 years and iv never been as quite for april , also i use CND and have never increased my prices since opening ! Please can you give me any hints tips to help out ! Thank you

What advertising & promotion do you currently do? I would max out the 'free' or low cost options before you start discounting or doing offers. Facebook can be really useful for promoting your business but I definitely would not use that to promote offers and facebook exclusive offers, sorry to disagree Vikkinails but in my opinion that would only attract one off bargain hunters and not help build your client base. You don't want to be the person doing £10 shellac nails that everyone else is complaining about, and working yourself ragged for no profit! Take a look at Darling Digits facebook page. I have never once seen her post an discount offer and she has grown her business from scratch in less than a year.

Take a look at the ways to promote your business thread and make sure your schedule yourself time each week to actively work on promotion+ marketing.

here's the thread:
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/83160-more-ways-promote-your-business.html

Thank you guys so much for replying I will take everything on board and stay positive :D ! I offer all CND treatments ie minx shellac RockStar ! I'm now on with updating my Facebook page ! Thanx again :D

Sorry, maybe I didn't make it clear enough. We only promote fb to our existing clients of the salon. I.e regulars. We can then put a promo on instantly, say if today was 'gappy' we could say 'today only X amount off a certain treatment' we have found it works for us. We would defiantly not say that anyone who liked our fb page had a perm discount on treatments or target one off clients. We are fortunate enough not to have to advertise outside of our client base. Have you thought of a recommend a friend scheme with your existing clients?

Latest posts

Back