Not getting a completely smooth finish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexandra_clg

Reaction score
Hi, im doing my level 2 beauty and having problems when im waxing, espeshly on myself. I find that i dont get a compleatly smooth finish, sort of stubble. I dont no what im doing rong as my tutor says im doing it fine but i dont want fine i want perfection lool sorry for rambling on but i just feel with waxixing i should get a comeatly smootg finish. Any tips would be very welcome and appreciated!!!! Thanks xxxx

When you first start waxing after having shaved your hairs are all at different stages of the growth cycle. So the first few waxes many people will feel stubbly as some hairs are the right length to be removed with wax and others are too short. It take a few waxes with no shaving in between and proper gaps of around 5-6 weeks before all the hair is growing at the same rate and then each wax will give a smooth result.

Thanks so much, this!! Its a real help! Xxxx

It could be your ripping technique too. If your ripping technique isnt right, youll find that instead of removing all the hair, you're snapping it instead

I agree. It's very difficult to wax yourself and get correct angle. The strips need to be pulled almost flat to the skin.......if you pull them upwards it will break the hair.

U no what, that all makes compleat sense!! Ill be putting it all into practice tomorrow in college!!! Xxxx

Latest posts

Back