Not happy with my lash extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlotte1997

Reaction score
hi,

I have been doing lash extensions now for about 7 months, and I am rarely happy with how they turn out.

Firstly I have tried 100s of glues and currently using a lash base one, however the root of my lashes tend to stick together yet this glue everyone recommended as the quickest drying.

Secondly they are never as curly as customers like, I was taught not to use more than a C but the finished look just don't like like other lash artists lashes do so considering Ds but will these fall out?

Finally I can take up to 2 hours, which I was told it should take 45-60 mins.

Any advise would be great it's making me not want to do it anymore.

Thanks

Don't get yourself down about it, eyelash extensions are so hard to master. Firstly I would say that whoever is telling you that it needs to take 45 to 60 mins needs to not give you unrealistic expectations. I think for a full set of semi permanent eyelashes should take between an hour and a half to two hours. The super pros might be able to get it down to an hour but that's people who did it day in day out for years and years. It's always best to take your time, and the more you enjoy it the quicker you'll get at it. I used to work at a salon who expected me to do it within the hour and I never felt like I did the job right, so I used to recommend a quicker lash technique. It used to really get me down so you're not alone in feeling like that.

In terms of the curl, you need to assess the shape of the eyelashes, I would usually use a J curl and then C curl on anyone with already naturally curly eyelashes. If your clients are wanting a curl in their lashes, they should be looking at lash lifting and not extensions, thats what I would recommend personally. The other little tip i would say is make sure that the lashes are not too thick, as this can weigh down the natural eyelashes, especially if they are on the thinner side. This might be why they appear to be less of a curl because they are drooping ever so slightly.

If you still find yourself getting down about them, maybe do a refresher course and get someone to go through your technique with you. It's worth it to get your confidence back up. Hope this helps.

I'd say for individual lashes 2 hours is fine. I take around 2 hours. I've been trained just over a year. I work alternative eyes to try and avoid them sticking, also just making sure to use a teeny amount of glue. Maybe try Cc curl or D curl :) I use both and they look lovely for clients wanting a more dramatic look xx

I have been doing lashes from 2009 that is 8 years now and I still take 2 full hours for a new client with a full set of thin C or J curl lashes.
Time also depends on the amount of natural lashes your client actually has.

Some clients natural lashes are twisted or curled on the sides so I do one lash then moe to another side or the other eye , this little technique then gives you more time for the glue to dry instead of you placing the next lash next to your lash you previously placed and then the roots get stuck together, which you do NOT want to happen.
Try that idea and see how it helps you with the clumping issues and your time.

It is practice, but remember a rushed job is not a good idea. If client arrives late I will re book them or only do half a set then they must come for a full up within the next 3 days.

Good luck [emoji6].

If you're having retention issues with a D curl, try using L+ lashes. They have a curl similar to a D, they will definitely be more noticeable than a C curl, but with a longer bonding base (they were originally designed for asian eyes) so attachment will be much easier than with a D curl.

Latest posts

Back