Not loving Fake Bake anymore, suggestions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 115116

Reaction score
Hi everyone, after some much needed advice.

Trained with fake bake a year ago, at first I absolutely loved them, it seems to of all gone down hill from there though.

First of all when I ordered my kit the tent turn up full of holes so they then ended up having to send a new one out then my gun broke 5 months in an completely covered a clients entire kitchen (an client) in spray tan solution, so they sent out a new one as apparently the seal had gone (was in warranty!). Went on maternity so didn't spray tan. Just gone back to it an placed an order with their vat free an they also had dark an original solution on offer (about £10 off a bottle!) thought absolute bargain so ordered some of them along side my other bits an pieces. Receive an email out orders waiting to be dispatched, then another email that the original an dark were incorrectly priced so I needed to call up an pay the difference then they'd dispatch. Upon speaking to them they agreed that I could then have them for that price but had to pay vat on top then wanted me to pay an extra delivery charge as I didn't get them vat free . Order turns up, missing the original an dark call them up to be told dark is out of stock will be in next week. Email end of following week received dark still not available I can have 60 minute or gold in replace of? An not to worry as I'll get some freebies in my package for all the messing around. Delivery turns up no freebies just the solution So already put me going back to work behind by 2/3 weeks waiting on the bottles. Gone to spray tan clients using their new mistifier as the moisturiser is no longer available an both cans! Yes both cans completely dud will not spray a drop out! Emailed them, and nothing! I've managed to get a little more out of the original moisturiser an tan however the 60 minutes my partners washed off after an hour an half an you wouldn't think he's had a tan at all he's as white as what he was before, same happened with the beyond bronze on me, him and my sister!

I'm seriously sick an fed up of fake bake now so looking at changing can anyone give me any recommendations as to who am why? Thank you so so much! An for reading my rather long rant

Try Morroccan tan, beautiful colour and 2 different collections. I suggest you try 11% exotic collection honestly you will love it.

Crazy Angel. Its a gorgeous colour, fade off is good and the smell is sooo nice. Also if you order on the crazy angel website, you can get the new 16%. Customer service is amazing and order comes really quick xx

Agree with AshLovesTanning.....Moroccan tan is beautiful :)

Also agree with the above MorrocanTan all the way

I am pretty hard to please when it comes to tanning solutions. I have tried most of the salon formulas across different brands and was never really happy with any of them.either too orange looking or too green, wore off like lizard skin, hard to scrub off and just pretty much dried the hell out of my skin which is dry to begin with so it was essential to constantly apply moisturiser otherwise I would find myself cracking. The last I tried before I found my holy grail were vu-tan and naked tan, the naked is too orange and dried me out and the vu-tan was pretty good but was hard to get off and grabbed onto dry spots and elbows ankles knees too much for my liking. I have been using a brand called custom tan now for the past 4 years and I will seriously die if they ever stop making this product. They have lots to choose from across their range and they are all fantastic I have tried them all (they sell 100ml sample bottles and you can get all 11 for under $60 so works out cheaper than buying a 1 litre bottle and you can find your perfect formula without the commitment to a full size) I actually placed an order today, they have a new coco luxe range I haven't tried yet so sampling that when it arrives in a day or 2. My hands down fave is the custom tan regular, it's a 2 hour tan and its violet based, you can leave it longer than 2 hours if you want to go darker. It kind of adjusts to suit your skin if that makes sense, I always feel like my skin is more hydrated with this tan than it is without a tan. Wears off great, I do have to do a really good scrub (longer than usual) every 3rd time though as I notice a bit of a buildup but that'sthe same with all tans when you do one every week. I have fair skin, the type that freckles and goes red, I never tan naturally, not even slightly. I am pretty much fluorescent without a spray tan. I have had people I work with every day of the week for years totally unaware that I spraytan, it's so natural looking but don't read that as not tanned looking because I tried the Ivadore last year which is "natural" looking and I looked natural alright, it did nothing for me, I kept reapplying every day and ended up with the orange tinge. Never ever will I cheat on custom tan again. Lesson. Learnt

This pic is about 3 days after tanning with the regular and leaving it on for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_6737.JPG
    IMG_6737.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 89
Has anybody got before and after pics of their Morroccan tan experience?

LA Tan do send free samples you just cover the £3.99 shipping costs ordered before 2pm you will 99.9 % receive your order the following day . All litres are also a bogof offer.

I've got a pics of an after shot
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1497276192.524975.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1497276207.222593.jpg

Gorgeous! What % did you use?

That's the original 10% I find this is the most popular colour on a lot of skin types

If you try the 11% morroccan tan let me know how you like(love) it lol

I think that 10% is the most complimentary shade on every skin type, especially pale!

Nouvatan absolutely amazing solution, smells nice, good fade off, customer service is great, I've tried lots of different solutions and now I only use Nouvatan it works for me and my clients love it x

Ferne Beauty is a really good tan! xx

Another vote for Moroccan Tan. The tan is soo forgiving, even & trouble free. Its rinsed off in 2-6 hours & fades well.

I get soo many returning clients for them xx

Another vote for Moroccan Tan. The tan is soo forgiving, even & trouble free. Its rinsed off in 2-6 hours & fades well.

I get soo many returning clients for them xx

IfI keep talking about it I will be thrown kf this lol!!! I just love it! Everyone should try the exotic collection it is AMAZING.....
I feel like everyone needs to jump of the fakebake band wagon and try this

Have you tried ferne beauty?
Beautiful colour, my clients love it x

I looked into buying Moroccan Tan, however, I can't unless I complete their 'conversion' course at £50 + VAT! That puts me off.

Latest posts

Back