Not pre pigging with L'Oeal Majirel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hiya guys iv had a friend hairdresser over tonight we have had some different views on colour!
I'm due to ombré a friend of ours hair Friday she is a natural base of a 7
She has full head bleach blondor 20vol
With 10/8 toner
She has a 1 inch regrowth
They came over so I could take some test pieces of her hair
My hairdressers friend said she uses majirel 6.32 with 1/4 6 on her bleach clients when they want to go ombré and its fine!
I sed do you not prepig with dialight and personally I would use 6.3 with 6.32 and its a warm shade so I'd use the golden basic shade with It she then went on to say but you Dont want it to warm
Now I would think with the hair being porus (bleach) it would suck up alot of warmth so the 6.3 would be needed
I'm not even using loreal for this I'm using wella and pre pigging
Just through me off abit
As I would a always pre pig with loreal and also use 6.3 with 6.32
Would anyone else do the same as her am I wrong to think she is wrong or is it just a case of doing things differently? X

You are correct, however, if she's getting the result she wants, ( which I would expect to be a very flat 7) then who are we to judge.
Some people like flat ash. (Or muddy mink)

You are correct, however, if she's getting the result she wants, ( which I would expect to be a very flat 7) then who are we to judge.
Some people like flat ash. (Or muddy mink)

Haha This is what I thought persianista
I remember her doing my hair many moons ago and used base 6 with my majirouge 666
Wasn't as bright as I wanted so when I started doing it my self I started adding the maji mix
But I'm sure it would of been alot better with 6.3
am I right in thinking that the flat base 6 killed alot of the warmth?
I use wella alot of the time but still remember my basics with loreal just need a second opinion as I didn't think it was right!
I didn't argue with her I just said oh I'd properly pre pig with dialight then she said you don't need to!
But I did say I would use 6.3 with a warm shade we have been friends for years we didn't fall out over it or anything I just thought am I wrong here so thought I'd ask you guys I couldn't help question my self with this one as been using wella so much lately x

Majirel bases are green toned, and only need using if you are covering grey. The .3's are gold bases for grey coverage with warm tones.
Majirel is a balanced range, so no base is needed any other time, and the tonal colours are fine on their own.

Majirel bases are green toned, and only need using if you are covering grey. The .3's are gold bases for grey coverage with warm tones.
Majirel is a balanced range, so no base is needed any other time, and the tonal colours are fine on their own.

I think she thinks that using the bases as pre pigging because I had h/l and I remember her saying you need a bit of base for it to grab
She doesn't think you need to pre pig at all and says she takes loads of blonde clients to ombré without pre pigging also not using semis always majirel
just using a bit of base with her tints I Dont no how this works or it does but just fades super fast! X

Latest posts

Back