Notifying unsuccessful interviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havering Beauty Academy

Reaction score
If you hold interviews and they are unsuccessful, do you let them know, and do you let them know why?

If you have gone for an interview would you want to know and why?

I'd want to know, plus I always think its nice to have a reply just to say thank you for applying but sorry you want successful and best wishes for the future.

Yes I would let them know. There's nothing worse than waiting and not hearing anything back. I wouldnt give a reason unless they ask and maybe just give the same answer too the people that do ask. Something like 'there was another applicant more suitable for the position'
Hth x

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek

We always reply to say yes or know but some people want to know why they are unsuccessful. We always say why if people ask.

I was thinking of holding a free session on cv writing as some cvs we saw were in readable!

I would definitely get back to them, if you don't like upsetting people try email. If anyone asked why I would definitely tell them as it will help them in the future. Constructive criticism is good for us all.

I think all candidates who are not hired should be notified that they didn't get the job.

Personally, I want to know WHY so I can do better in the next interview. HTH! :)

at the beginning of the year I attended a few interviews at various places and were clearly unsuccessful as I never heard back from them at all, and I was quite angry. It would have been polite and helpful if they had just called me to say thank you for spending the time and money to attend the interview, unfortunately you weren't successful as we feel such and such, but thank you for coming to see us, wish you luck in your search.

I think its just polite of someone to do that as for one interview I had to pay £20 to get there and back and I never heard anything from them again.

I could be wrong but I thought legally you had to reply x

I've just interviews 3 people and I will definitely be telling them all yes or no. I think it is rude not to let them no either way. It's not a job I'm looking forward to but I have some constructive things to say if they ask why they didn't get it.

at the beginning of the year I attended a few interviews at various places and were clearly unsuccessful as I never heard back from them at all, and I was quite angry. It would have been polite and helpful if they had just called me to say thank you for spending the time and money to attend the interview, unfortunately you weren't successful as we feel such and such, but thank you for coming to see us, wish you luck in your search.

I think its just polite of someone to do that as for one interview I had to pay £20 to get there and back and I never heard anything from them again.

Totally see where your coming from. When we replied to those unsuccessful only one asked why! I personally would like to know as I would find it helpful in the future

X

Absolutely let them know, it's only polite. I've been unfortunate enough to have to do this and it's not very nice, but then when you make the call to the successful candidate and hear how happy they are, it softens it. So make sure you save them until last! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back