Nouvatan Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone can clear something up for me. Whenever I have a Spray Tan on myself (done by BF) It seems to start going patchy almost snake skin like on the outside and front of my shins!

The inside and top of my legs are fine, they still look amazing, but the outside and front look mottled now. (Spray Tan done last Friday Night)

None of my clients seem to have this problem and love it, it only seems to happen to me, what could be causing this? and is there a way of preventing it.

Thanks x

Sorry to be obvious but it sounds like you have very dry skin? Have you been moisturising constantly? X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I find this happens when the skin is saturated with solution and very dark for skin tone.I Think if skin is dry also this doesn't help matters!

Sounds s bit like thr skin on your shins is dry.

More moisturising is needed.

My shins are the same & I have to make sure I moisturise a lot for a week before I have my Nouvatan spray tan. Hth xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

It could be his application - I have the same problem - clients always look great and return week after week but when my husband sprays me its a bit scaly on fade off. Too much sprayed in one area I think x

This also happens to me and its because that area is quite dry. If you prep your skin really well before the tan and don't let it dry out it should make a difference. I find my tan lasts a lot better if I shower directly before my tan. This way, the skin does not get a chance to dry out with having no moisturiser on. Also make sure you don't over spray the area. X

I have dry skin and have the same problem. It's not the tan because all my clients love it. I recently started using the Nouvatan moisturiser and applied it for a few days before tanning. Tanned myself and no more crocodile legs!

Thanks guys, I have always moisturised my skin daily since a child so its def not lack of moisturiser, I think it might be overspraying the area then, I better get him practicing lol x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

I would also love to know how you do this as when I tried, I got in a right mess lol x

It's quite a challenge but Nouvatan is so good that although I think I'm not even it always washes off and looks good. Can't do my back properly but just aim and hope for the best! I am 43 so not really wearing daring clothes so only really showing bottom of my legs and face, chest etc usually. I get nail techs coming for their nails to be done and spray tanners coming for a tan and I just don't get it!!! I wouldn't pay anyone to do my nails or tan when I can do it myself and you're your own best advert :)

Latest posts

Back