Nov Max Brazilian Blowdry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalalaurz

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used it and what are their opinions?

Yep quite a few of us on here do. I've used it for about a year now and can't find another that beats it. I've trialled quite a few recently as suppliers ask me to try them out, but for the value for money I still can't find one to replace it.

Can a BBD be used to improve the condition of hair too or only to take the frizz out? Thanks

Totally agree with fuzion it's an amazing product. I get so much repeat business x

Thanks guys, I've put the Brazilian idea out there and quite a few of my clients are interested, just wanted to make sure I was choosing the best system :)

I still find the fact you are inhaling the fumes from Formaldehyde worrying.. that's why we stopped using Brasiliana, there is a lot of steam and fumes once you start straightening

The formaldehyde is 0.2% and within the eu limit. There are minimal fumes if you don't overload the hair. Don't forget formaldehyde is in mail polish, make up and cigarettes. That's to name only a few products xx

I still find the fact you are inhaling the fumes from Formaldehyde worrying.. that's why we stopped using Brasiliana, there is a lot of steam and fumes once you start straightening

Am I right in thinking that there is a formaldehyde free version or Brasiliana?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Am I right in thinking that there is a formaldehyde free version or Brasiliana?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Yes but when it was introduced there was some poor feedback on how it compared to the original , with results lasting only 4 weeks so decided to drop the service altogether for a while

Can a BBD be used to improve the condition of hair too or only to take the frizz out? Thanks

I too have been wondering about this.

There aren't any fumes from Nox Max whilst straightening, but it does affect the customers eyes whilst wet, but no more than an old fashioned perm. Nov Max is within EU legislation, it was around before the huge ban. As for La Brasiliana that was almost formaldehyde free 0.01%, hence its rubbish and doesn't work.

So which are the keratin only brands that the article refers to? Would the keratin only brands also be better for damaged hair?

A Brazilian will only improve the condition of the hair temporarily, the bad condition will return as the keratin washes out. But if the hair is really bad, fragile or broken it will actually accentuate that. Any damage needs to be cut off to get the full affects of a Brazilian x

What do you charge for this treatment?

I charge £80 with a trim included x

I'm mobile and I'll be charging £50 with no cut. I just received my nov max today can't wait to use it now!

My prices start at £60 for just the Brazilian if client wants me to wash and blow dry after I charge an extra £14, but I only tend to dry it if I cut it which is £25 on top for cut and blow dry. I actually prefer my clients to wash it after and dry it themselves as they then get the full impact themselves

Latest posts

Back