NSI Balance UV Gel - Teething Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kstewart

Reaction score
Hi, I am newly qualified in UV gel nails and use the NSI Balance system. However, I am having a few teething problems
smiley-undecided.gif

I see in the videos on Nail Angel that the X-treme white is dabbed on fairly thick but not so its bulky of course, whereas when I did this it didn't seem to cure properly, which resulted in chipping off when filing. So now I brush a very thin layer on then cure it then another thin layer and cure (both 2min cures) but I find that is still tacky when it comes out the lamp (36watt), so I have to wipe it with cleanse and it doesn't cover that well either. I am using clear tips too so the UV can get all the way through. What am I doing wrong?
Really hope someone can help me with this one
smiley-undecided.gif

Thanks
smiley-smile.gif

It is supposed to have a sticky layer on even after curing. Are you using the recommended lamp?

Yes I am, we were not told the lamp had to be NSI branded anyway just a 36 watt and I don't have any problems with the other gel curing just the white. I wasn't aware the white also had a tacky layer although it is a possibility I missed that in the training as there is a lot to take in! :)

Thanks for your reply :)

Secret 4
don’t jUdge A UV bUlb by
its “wAttAge”.
UVA bulb “intensity” is very important to
proper curing. Intensity determines how
much UVA light is available for curing
T
here is a big difference
between “cure” and
“properly cure” and often
it’s the difference between
success and failure. Why?
Under-curing, over-curing
and incorrect curing, each is possible
with UV gels. Each can lead to service
break down and may even cause allergic
reactions. UV (ultraviolet) light has
been widely used for curing artificial
nail products over the past 25 years. UV
nail lamps should really be called UVA
nail lamps, because they are designed
to produce UVA light, the safer form of
UV light. Most people reading this article
will probably already know this if they
By Doug Schoon....... Without sufficient intensity,
UV gels can’t properly cure. How the UV
gel product is formulated will determine
the intensity of UVA light needed and
the correct exposure time required for
proper curing. It is very important to
understand that UVA light intensity is
completely different from “wattage.”
Wattage measures how much electricity a
bulb will use; higher watt bulbs use more
electricity. Proper curing does not depend
on “wattage.” Don’t be fooled into judging
a UV lamp by the wattage of the UV light
bulbs. For example, some 27 watt UV
lamps have greater UVA intensity than
many 36 watt units.

Check this out....... http://www.schoonscientific.com/downloads/tech-articles/article-7-Secrets-to-Curing.pdf

And yes apart from some top coats they all have a dispersion layer to "stick" the next layer to.

I have heard this before however, how is it that no-one ever states what UV intensity is needed but just the wattage of lamp? This is very mis-leading and confusing and makes me (and plenty of other people) believe it is just to make people buy the company branded lamp at almost 4 times the price........very confusing. I have always used an unbranded 36 watt lamp and never had any problems, no complaints from customers etc and the product does cure properly when I apply it in thinner layers rather than one thicker layer as demonstrated on all the training videos..........

Read the article it explains that YOU cannot see it is cured.

No Doug Schoon is a scientist a knows a great deal more than a tech, why on earth would they bother DEVELOPING a lamp and not sell you any old junk and tell you you need that??

No it is not it is just VERY BASIC science. I have good background knowlege and chemistry qualifications I know this is not crap.

Why would they list intensity, any reputable brand ill provide the correct lamp, why would you go elsewhere?

Latest posts

Back