NSI gel lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstieLou

Reaction score
Using Nsi products ensuring all prep is exact but still get lifting on every nail!
Should I chane product or what other causes are there?
Sorry there I probably a thread for this but I couldn't find anything which answers my question please feel free to point me in right direction!xx

What steps do you take hun? I use NSI without problems x

NSI is a top quality product so I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to try a different brand as I feel that if you are having lifting problems with them, you will probably have the same problem with a different brand. Usually lifting is caused by a problem in prep. Can you tell us your prep steps? It really is the most important part of any nail procedure :)

Lifting problems are rarely the products fault unless the product is really bad/low quality of which NSI is not.
It's usually down to incorrect prep or application.

What exact NSI gel are using? Builder Gel, Body Builder, Illusion, Polish Pro....which one?

If you write down your exact steps and which products and tools you use for each step, we might be able to help you.

Also, what light are using to cure?

Are you using ALL NSI products or mixing it up with using different brands?

What training have you had? Have you had any training using NSI products or were you trained using another brand?

Surprisingly, all the above things do come into play when problems occur, maybe not all of them at once:) but they do and can play a role.

I've used NSI Balance gels for a long time now (I use all NSI products) and lifting only occurred when I wasn't doing a thorough prep but I thought I was and when product touched the skin, which both were totally my fault. I corrected both and never had any problems since, so there is light at the end of the tunnel for you, it's just pin pointing what's going wrong:)

My post got changed, I actually use l&p Nsi not gel!

My prep is...
Clip nails & file to oval.
Push back cuticles
White block over all nails
Dehydrate
Apply tips
Remove shine from tips
Dehydrate & primer
Apply l&p
All nsi products

Am I missing something?xx

Anyone see here I'm going wrong?

My post got changed, I actually use l&p Nsi not gel!

My prep is...
Clip nails & file to oval.
Push back cuticles
White block over all nails
Dehydrate
Apply tips
Remove shine from tips
Dehydrate & primer
Apply l&p
All nsi products

Am I missing something?xx

There are a couple of things I see...and I'm sorry to ask again but it really can/does make a difference but could you please name all the products you are using, because sometimes people think they are using the correct product and they are not.
What cuticle remover do you use, if any?
What about training? what have you completed or completing?
Are you 100% positive you are not touching the surrounding skin with product?
What about your mix ratio, do you feel it's ok or not?

What I see that you have missed as a crucial step is a thorough prep, just using a pusher and a white block will never give you a thorough prep, you must use some type of cuticle remover and if you use all NSI products, I highly recommend NSI Vanish and use Cleanse to remove and cleanse nail completely, then you can dehydrate the nail.
There is usually no need to dehydrate twice, if you are careful and do not touch the nail after you have prepped, there is no need to do it twice but if you are worried about this, then just do one nail at a time as you go but bear in mind, this will add time to your service time.
I don't see anywhere where you use a brush to remove dust before cleansing/dehydrating, I feel you get a much better result if you use a brush to remove the bulk and then use Cleanse to clean of dust etc.
A wipe and cleanse is not a miracle worker, if you only use a wipe and Cleanse to remove all your prep dust, you will be leaving some behind and your doomed before you even start.

That's just a couple of quick issues I can see but I'll wait until I hear what products you are actually using before I say any more. Could you also say what line of L&P you use from NSI? Is your liquid the same line as your powder?
What primer are you using?
NSI have different lines, it helps to know which ones you are using and if you are using different ones in the one service.

I don't use a cuticle remover...ill get one thank you!
I did think dehydrating twice was a waste of time and product that's what they taught in training. I trained in a local school near me, they are a really sought after school in the area.
The products I use...
Nsi nsil pure plus dehydrator
Nsi attract primer
Nsi attraction l&p
I definitely don't touch the edge...if anything at the moment I'm too far away lol!
I don't brush off dust I wipe it with a cotton pad which is clearly a massive no no!
My ratio is good (I think) I'm forever practising it so don't think that's a problem

Thank you for all of your help its so appreciated!!xx

Latest posts

Back