nvq level 3 hairdressing & extension courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellissa2149

Reaction score
:rolleyes: hi,im looking into doin my NVQ level 3 in hairdressing,ive completed my NVQ level 2 (bout 4-5 yrs ago):!:,but never got the chance to go onto level 3 then. wanted to learn extensions & salon managment,etc & know level 3 covers most of what i want to do,looking for places in the devon area,idealy exeter way,as i dont drive so will be relyin on buses or friends :hug: that are looking into doin level 3 too. hope you can help & i look forward to your replys. mel. :green:

hi Melissa
Ive been doing hair for 14 years.Did my level 2 and have in the last 7 months been doing my level 3.
Although the level 3 course does include extensions,you have to already be qualified by an accredited extension company to be able to complete that particular unit.
Ive been qualified in extensions for nearly 8 years now,through cinderella hair and for 6 years in great lengths hair extensions.
I wanted to complete the extension unit on level 3,however my accessor isnt qualified in extensions herself,therefore i am unable to complete the unit.
You will probably find this across the board.
Im just on the other side of Exeter,so would possibly use the same training provider as you.Pm me if youd like anymore info.
hth
Bek

thanx bek,thats interesting info,im thinking bout doin balmain extensions,one of the suppliers we use at work (deon hair & beauty in plymouth) is doin a 1 day course in april that i might try & get onto its £320 + vat,& that includes the kit & everythin you need to do it, which i think is an ok price as the kit alone is bout £300. other then that one i havnt been able to find any other extension courses around my area. & how much does it cost to do the level 3? mel

Hi Mel
Depending on your age and previous education,you may get funded for level 3.
The company we use are called ultra.If you google them their website will come up with contact numbers available.Failing that im not sure how much level 3 is but its around £2000 i think......:confused:!!
Onto the extension thing,depending on what system you want to start with,most apply pre bonds the same i think,then theres weaving,micro rings,braiding and more.I think balmain are pre bonded like the great lengths and cinderella i work with.
Its the quality of hair thats the most important.Weve tried a lot of different hair companies in our years and always come back to great lengths as the quality is the best ever.Although theyre slightly more expensive,theyre so worth it and i find generally if people are paying for extensions,because its not a cheap service anyway,they understand the whole quality over quantity thng.
Ive got a vast regular extension clientelle that ive built up over the years and i believe its down to the quality as much as the service.
Companies like great lengths and cinderella came to us for the training,if thats any help?
Hope you get on it!! and good luck!
Bek:):)

thanx again bek really informative,ill look into it some more,& im 27 so not sure if ill be elegable for funding???

hi i too want to do nvq level 3 price of it seems to be from £550-2000!! Are you planning on doing it at a college?

hi i too want to do nvq level 3 price of it seems to be from £550-2000!! Are you planning on doing it at a college?
:rolleyes: im not to sure yetit depends whats around my area 0kehampton,devon),& yah,i have found a lot of the courses to be in that price range too.

Latest posts

Back