NVQ2 evening/part time and brows too!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmileyRMT

Reaction score
Hi there,

Firstly, I'm new so Hello everyone! Reading your posts over the last couple of days has been brilliant, thanks for the help you've already given me!

I have finally after years of deliberating and saving have started to embark on my change of career into the Beauty Industry. I have researched my butt off both in terms of products I trust, their market reputation, quality, re sale etc and also businesses and qualifications.

I have, for very valid reasons decided to do individual training with brands rather than enrol on a NVQ L2 then 3 full time this is down to time and also my current work commitment that is funding the childcare and course costs/equipment etc. However if there were a NVQ 2 evening course that anyone knew of, that'd be great. Sadly my local colleges don't seem to offer it so I'm now looking at companies again.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

P.S. On another note I have just spoken with BDB and the chap I spoke with said I had to have previous waxing experience (completely understandable) has any one done brow course before studying waxing? My waxing course doesn't start til Sept. Thanks again

I think HD brows train you without a waxing qualification. It may be worth contacting them.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Where do you live. I did my training on Sunday's at The Wiltshire School of Beauty and Holistic Therapies. They're brilliant and offer lots of add on courses as well as NVQs. Perfect if you've got existing work and childcare to consider.

Thankyou! We're currently in Shrivenham, Wilts but move in a few weeks to just outside London. I'll have a look though.

Much appreciated.

x

Have you looked at the Beauty Academy for NVQ 2? You can fit it around your other comments. I did level 2 at college on Satudays now doing level 3 with beauty academy. Great so far. Xxx

I did Billion Dollar Brows training and there was a girl on my course who didn't have a waxing qual or experience. Basically she was ok to train but she wouldn't have been able to get insurance for waxing without this, so she was advised to do a waxing course.

Maybe tell them that if you want to train beforehand.

C S Beauty Academy http://www.csbeautyacademy.com are just outside London, think it's Romford, and do day and evening NVQ courses as well as additional accredited courses, they do days and hours to suit so you can make up your own timetable

I do a course in Romford that offers evening and weekends course level 2 and 3

C S Beauty Academy http://www.csbeautyacademy.com are just outside London, think it's Romford, and do day and evening NVQ courses as well as additional accredited courses, they do days and hours to suit so you can make up your own timetable

That place is dear I got my level 2 for £500 and level 3, is funded at my place if you are over 24 if not it's £800

That place is dear I got my level 2 for £500 and level 3, is funded at my place if you are over 24 if not it's £800

Hi, I'm looking at doing my level 3 where did you train xx

Thanks for everyone's help. I've decided on the beauty academy but info about the NVQ funding has really cheered me up. Fingers crossed I will qualify for it ( need to get through Level 2 first though!).

Thanks again x

Thanks for everyone's help. I've decided on the beauty academy but info about the NVQ funding has really cheered me up. Fingers crossed I will qualify for it ( need to get through Level 2 first though!).

Thanks again x

You will only get funding if the place has been granted it I dont think the beauty academy has

Latest posts

Back