NXT colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
So client is base level 5/6,
she’s only ever had a root tint of similar colour to cover greys, which are mostly on her parting (about 80%) but at the back and sides hardly any grey.
During lockdown she used a box dye 5/0 first time, then 6/0 2nd time, but wanted to go lighter, to about an 8,
I used NXT 8/00 & 8/13 (beige) half and half to add bit of warmth, but desperate not to go brassy, the ends lifted first which did manage to lift through old colour nicely using 9%,
Then went through roots with 9% to lift that up to match the ends, I will say I’m never very confident when it comes to colouring grey hair, (I’ve been a hairdresser for some 19 years)
Should I have used 6% on roots on the grey and chance not lifting the dark hair, or use 9% and chance it going too light? The colour came out really even but roots on parting were lighter (but it still looked ok)
Guess I’m looking for advice for next time, as previous colours have faded so quickly I don’t want this going even lighter!

Latest posts

Back