Offer other services besides SPMU

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nu-yu-beauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here though I have been reading through quite a few threads on various topics mainly SPMU. This is such a great site and the advice and tips given are invaluable. So thank you in advance.
My question is:
I will be doing a SPMU course around June 2016 and in the mean time I am working pt from home for a ladies retailer. I am saving money for the course hence not doing it immediately.
I have no beauty background though I am excellent so I've been told at doing my own make up etc and I have a very steady hand and excellent attention to small details. I feel SPMU will be the way forward for me as I'm a complete people person plus I'm looking for the satisfaction and fulfilment factor which not a lot of roles offer unless.
I had thought that while I wait for the course in June I would in the mean time do another short course to give me some beauty experience get used to the feel of the role build up potential clientele and maybe extra money?
I was thinking semi permanent eye lash extensions and then offering both these treatments once my SPMU training is complete in June.
My question is. Is it worth it? I've read loads and loads here. While I understand everyone is different etc as to how they pick stuff up how good they are etc. But do you think this is the right course or step to take before my SPMU training in June?
Any suggestions would be a great help!
Thank you

It always pays to have as many skills as possible even if you're not intending to use them, because adding them later on is much more of a pain when you have a business to run. If you're not doing anything until June then level 2 make up, plus level 3 anatomy and physiology are achievable. Should you do lash extensions? No idea, you need to make that judgment yourself I'm afraid. Nothing is guaranteed, just be really REALLY good at what you do to tip the odds in your favour.

Latest posts

Back