Offered £250 for "life development" what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
Ive been offered £250 to use towards "life development". It could be anything from a new suit, driving lessons, courses. Anything as long as it helps me to "better" myself.

What would you do? Originally when I applied for it, it was to pay towards a Nail course, but now my business isnt heading towards that way and I want to change it.
Currently Im trained in Gelish, Manicure, Pedicure, and spray tanning.

I could use the funds to buy stock, so possibly consider an LED lamp.
Ive considered possibly training for lashes or something along those lines.
Possibly even to buy a Shellac kit.

I need to decide asap as this has been going along since Nov last year!!

I guess ideally im looking for ideas. Im not into massage or waxing (I have level 3 beauty therapy but dont use it)

Hope this makes sense! lol
Caroline
xx

I would say driving lessons if you can't drive, or a training course that you think would really benefit your career.
Personally, if I didn't have my licence, I would of bitten someone's hand off if they were offering to pay! xx

I would say driving lessons if you can't drive, or a training course that you think would really benefit your career.
Personally, if I didn't have my licence, I would of bitten someone's hand off if they were offering to pay! xx

lol. I would too! But I passed my test 5 years ago. xx

Is it a loan or a grant? If its a loan and you arent sure what you want to do with it I would say dont take the money at all. If its a grant, I would put the money into your business, but only into something that will generate more income for you. Years ago I took a business loan and spent a proportion of it on things like stocking up my monomer, nail files, stuff like that which, whilst you need, dont generate new income for the business and I regret not spending that money a bit smarter. If you do it right you can turn that £250 into a good few hundred quid, maybe thousands if you generate new clients out of it. What about getting some leaflets printed, and deliver them in your local area? Or investing it in a new product that you dont offer at the moment to increase your appeal to new clients. Personally if someone was giving me some money at the moment I'd be investing in Shellac which I dont offer at the moment because I know I could advertise it well and increase my client base

Is it a loan or a grant? If its a loan and you arent sure what you want to do with it I would say dont take the money at all. If its a grant, I would put the money into your business, but only into something that will generate more income for you. Years ago I took a business loan and spent a proportion of it on things like stocking up my monomer, nail files, stuff like that which, whilst you need, dont generate new income for the business and I regret not spending that money a bit smarter. If you do it right you can turn that £250 into a good few hundred quid, maybe thousands if you generate new clients out of it. What about getting some leaflets printed, and deliver them in your local area? Or investing it in a new product that you dont offer at the moment to increase your appeal to new clients. Personally if someone was giving me some money at the moment I'd be investing in Shellac which I dont offer at the moment because I know I could advertise it well and increase my client base

Thanks for your help, its a Grant (I did some voluntary charity work, and this is how they repay for doing it). I want to use it for something "new" for my business. DH suggests training, such as lashes and/or brows. But im so confused! It the long term I'd like to own my own salon so anything that will help towards my goal. lol
xx

Lashes and brows sounds like a good idea, they are popular treatments

I would think the best thing would be to invest it in training but what treatment you choose will depend on what you feel interested in or what you might find a rewarding treatment to perform.

Have a good look around while your at the Wales Beauty show on Sunday and see if anything there interests you.

Have a good talk to the training providers there and see if they can suggest anything that takes your fancy. If not then I suppose you could use it for advertising/website/leaflets to promote your business and hopefully build a bigger clientele.

Latest posts

Back