Oh no, bacterial infection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazBeautica

Reaction score
Went to one of my regulars this evening to do her acrylic infills as normal been going to her nearly a year now only to get to her thumb and see it looks dark underneath, i soaked off and my worst fears were there....a greenie!grrr no.

I couldnt believe it im so careful, it wasnt there 3 weeks ago when i done her last infills. I no she isnt so good on the aftercare, never wears gloves, does loads of gardening!

So i removed it cleansed with harmony blue cleanser, filed it gently then threw that away before i left. Cleansed again, ph bond, pro bond and proceeded as normal. She didnt seem that bothered but ive told her if she has any problems to give me a call. Im just a little disheartened as none of my other clients have had any problems. :sad:

If she isn't careful with her aftercare it probably isn't your fault hun. Explain the importance again of looking after her enhancements. xxx

Gah..I know how you feel... I had this happen a few weeks ago.. It destroyed my confidence but then I realized that it was probably not just my fault.. I prepped, cleaned and used all disinfected implements and single use items but her nail lifted and voila...entry! Yes..the lift was my fault I am sure, but i'm glad i've come to terms with it and have learned that it happens to the best of us.

Cheer up!

Just sending some encouragement! It sounds like she doesn't take good care of her nails. If you educate your clients but they don't take your advice, that's not your fault darling. I totally understand why you feel responsible, but don't let it hurt your confidence!

Latest posts

Back