Olaplex alternative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it can also be used as a stand alone treatment and the client can take it away to do at home but it's not a leave in conditioner.

Client applies the product all over, leaves it a minimum of ten minutes then shampoos and conditions the hair afterwards.

Yes, it can also be used as a stand alone treatment and the client can take it away to do at home but it's not a leave in conditioner.

Client applies the product all over, leaves it a minimum of ten minutes then shampoos and conditions the hair afterwards.

Ah ok! I cant wait until we can get it in the salon and actually use it!!!! Think it'll be a while before its rolled out to us self employed ones. Ho hum.

I think you might be right there. Salons then chair renters then mobile?
Especially as they don't allow you to operate a mobile hairdressing business in several States, apparently. It's pretty uncommon over there.

Yeh! I'm in a salon & have a rep but as we're still not sure who will be carrying it who knows!! Lol

I hope Sally's don't as then it'll be available to public [emoji52]

I really want to try this magi bond

It definitely can be used as a treatment, but unlike every other treatment it address brocken bonds rather than coating the hair. However, regardless of what they say, #2 is a conditioner with the active ingredient in #1.

We use cureplex in our salon :) as we are a franchise and limited to what brands we are approved to use and stock but I must say I am loving it!

Has anyone used colorphlex

Check out olaplex on facebook. It has everything on there. There are videos on there that compare knock offs to olaplex. They just do not compare. It can be used as a treatment but more of an internal treatment (not to be confused with a conditioning treatment). Recommended to use a moisturizing treatment with it for the external hair shaft if the hair is in bad condition, but even used by itself leaves the hair feel like virgin hair again. I wouldnt waste your money on anything else. Jump on olaplex page on Facebook and research. The education on there is awesome.

We have ordered Quif magibond sounds amazing we dont olaplex to be fair as of the chemicals in it, sorry if this upsets you, but the EU have banned Olaplex

Dean, founder of Olaplex here... I just came across this thread and want you to know that you have false information from someone. Olaplex has been fully approved in the EU with REACH approval. This designation is very difficult to achieve and I can assure you that there are zero hazardous ingredients in Olaplex. Various knock off brands have spread false rumors for obvious reasons. Olaplex has launched in many EU countries and is in over 107,000 salons in the USA. I will not get on this forum and bash brands. Do your research. Olaplex is a cross linking chemical reaction to sulfur/hydrogen bonds. Knock offs are all oils. Thanks for listening. Dean

The active ingredient is a new chemical with patents pending. None of the new knock offs have that ingredient or anything like it. I know its hard to wait, but trust me, olaplex is the real thing. It works like nothing else. I hate to see you guys wasting money on these knock offs.

Thanks for the support of Olaplex. You are correct. The knock offs are just oil and silicone. Olaplex is an actual cross linking patented chemistry. Dean C.

Rep has come in today and told us about the olaplex alternative that's half the price that works out at £1.55 per client, Magi-bond by quif, wondered if anyone had heard or try it?

Just do lots of research Ryan. Olaplex is the only cross linking chemistry with patents and patents pending in the world. All the knock offs are oil and silicone jumping on the wagon. Dean

No not really as Alan howard our supllier is massive and if they could have it, i imagine they would do, but the Uk and EU are very strict with Chemicals, and so they should

We did not choose Alan Howard to be our distributor in the UK. We are working with Leslie Spears of Star Qualities. Leslie was the original distributor of Paul Mitchel and is the Moroccan Oil Distributor as well as other top lines in the UK and beyond. Again, we are REACH approved. Please send me the name of the person that told you that we were not. I would love to know. Dean C. Olaplex

Ha ha ha. What complete bull poo. Olaplex isn't available in the UK yet but it's got nothing to do with EU rules. It's a distribution issue.

Sounds like a rep spouting lies in order to sell their poor quality knock off products....

Wow! It sounds like a distributor has a lot of negative things to say about a line that we did not sell him. I am the founder of Olaplex. Dean Christal. Olaplex is REACH approved in the EU. We are distributed by Leslie Spears of Star Qualities out of the UK. Leslie has the best reputation in Europe for beauty distribution. Please let me know the person that gave you this slanderous information? Thanks, Dean.

Ahhhhh I seeeeeee! So the hairstylist in Leicester who has olaplex and said you can use it as a 'treatment' was incorrect!!

I'm assuming the hair would just be internally stronger rather than smoother to touch?

There's just so much speculation about it because no one here actually has it yet lol!!! Sorry to all the American geeks who are probably fed up of us haha

You can use Olaplex as a treatment. It works very well. Dean from Olaplex here.

Curious...

Does olaplex have any effect on the cuticle at all?

Thanks dean! Can you tell us if we will be able to purchase olaplex soon as freelance stylists? Can't wait to try it [emoji16][emoji16]

Thanks dean! Can you tell us if we will be able to purchase olaplex soon as freelance stylists? Can't wait to try it [emoji16][emoji16]

Olaplex will be available for all professional hairstylists worldwide with each individual distributor. As long as you are a professional, you will be able to purchase Olaplex.

Cheers,
Jordan Alexander
VP of Education
Olaplex LLC

Curious...

Does olaplex have any effect on the cuticle at all?

Olaplex cross links broken disulfide bonds. As a single active ingredient with two reactive ends, it finds single sulfur hydrogen bonds before, during and after a process to create these disulfide bonds. As for effects on cuticle, strengthening the hair internally will help externally as well but it is not a conditioning treatment nor does it coat hair.

Jordan Alexander
VP of Education
Olaplex LLC

Latest posts

Back