Olaplex alternative?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting REALLY sick of this now! Just get over it and move on for gods sake!

Stop throwing huge chunks of information out its really boring and we on SalonGeek don't want to have to see it! We come on here to help people and learn, not to see constant bickering from bitter companies!

People seem to be having trouble understanding what a PATENT is. It's so exasperating! P.s: colourplex can not form covalent bonds as that technology is also on the olaplex patent. And why the Plex in the name? It's just kind of desperate and sad.

I have four Colorphlex samples from salon international and I've tried one with bleach foils. I didn't up the developer and was happy with the results. It isn't like Olaplex but I think it has a place. I love my Olaplex but I think I could use Colorphlex as well.

@chris_causey covenant bonds are a type of chemical bond, it's not a technology that you can patent.

People seem to be having trouble understanding what a PATENT is. It's so exasperating! P.s: colourplex can not form covalent bonds as that technology is also on the olaplex patent. And why the Plex in the name? It's just kind of desperate and sad.

There you go folks it says the chemistry is different and they do not do the same job.... Had they have marketed differently hairdressers wouldn't be so confused by the claims both products make, at the moment people just think everything new is a bond builder of some description, I even thought myself that goldwell were going to release one too tbh (was just kerasilk after lol) the experts from both companies say the differences between the two openly so why there's this tit tat back and forth I don't know, we need to bear in mind olaplex has patented their product & that really does mean it can't be copied, is it so hard to understand that?

@chris_causey covenant bonds are a type of chemical bond, it's not a technology that you can patent.
I know you can't patent covalent bonds, I'm talking about the technology to repair them. Perhaps you misread me

I know you can't patent covalent bonds, I'm talking about the technology to repair them. Perhaps you misread me

Adam means you can't put a patent on the technology to form covalent bonds.

Its the sharing of electrons between pairs of atoms. It occurs naturally and chemically so you can't patent it.

Just had the Schwarzkopf rep in trying to sell me their version, she didn't stay long when she saw my olaplex though! I don't think it will be long before the other big names follow their lead and come up with their versions. She didn't seem aware of any impending lawsuit when I asked her! I saw Salon services were promoting a brand called bondage on their Instagram page but it was a bit of a hashtag fail as when I clicked on the # it was nothing to do with hair as you can imagine!
Does anyone know if the number 3 would have any effect if a client bought it that hadn't yet had the in salon treatment or would it be a waste of time?

Happy to be corrected as I haven't seen the No.3 yet but isn't it just a weaker version of No. 2 which is a weaker version of no.1?

Yes AcidPerm. Number 3 is slightly weaker than number 2. I cannot remember the exact % though.

15% in no2, 12,5% in no3.

Thank you Chris

Thank you Chris

Just had the Schwarzkopf rep in trying to sell me their version, she didn't stay long when she saw my olaplex though! I don't think it will be long before the other big names follow their lead and come up with their versions. She didn't seem aware of any impending lawsuit when I asked her! I saw Salon services were promoting a brand called bondage on their Instagram page but it was a bit of a hashtag fail as when I clicked on the # it was nothing to do with hair as you can imagine!
Does anyone know if the number 3 would have any effect if a client bought it that hadn't yet had the in salon treatment or would it be a waste of time?
No. 3 contains the same active ingredient as no. 1, just in lower concentration. It wouldn't be a waste of time at all, but you should really get her to try the stand alone treatment as it is amazeballs!

No. 3 contains the same active ingredient as no. 1, just in lower concentration. It wouldn't be a waste of time at all, but you should really get her to try the stand alone treatment as it is amazeballs!
I was just wondering as I got my account set up with stargaze yesterday so can now order in but the no3 comes in packs of 12 as the smallest order so just wondered with Xmas coming, I might sell some as presents but wondered if it would be ok. I watched some videos on their app last night and I would need to make it clear that shamp & cond. is still needed after rinsing which clients may not realise if they do not read instructions properly!

I would suggest for anyone & everyone on here to download the Olaplex app

@jordanstylist
"Imagine you invent a car, then your competitor has a rock and says that it does the same thing and they push it down a hill and it rolls too."
Could you explain me, what Olaplex does to the hair, when no disulfide bonds are broken? Normally, coloring or lightening the hair does not breake them. This happens with reduction only, ie. perm or thermal straightening. Why to pay the expensive Olaplex treatment then when coloring your hair? All the "knock offs" do good job in this case for half or one third of the money.
In analogy to your car example:
Your sparks are burned up. Do you let grind the cylinders and pistons then, or do you simply change the sparks?

Last edited:
@jordanstylist
"Imagine you invent a car, then your competitor has a rock and says that it does the same thing and they push it down a hill and it rolls too."
Could you explain me, what Olaplex does to the hair, when no disulfid bonds are broken? Normally, coloring or lightening the hair does not brake them. This happens with reduction only, ie. perm or thermal straightening. Why to pay the expensive Olaplex treatment then when coloring your hair? All the "knock offs" do good job in this case for half or one third of the money.
In analogy to your car example:
Your sparks are burned up. Do you let grind the cylinders and pistons then, or do you simply change the sparks?
You really are obnoxious o_O re read the zillions words that have been posted in response to you over the last few days and you'll find your answer there, for your car analogy bull Mercedes are amazing Vauxhall are too but Mercedes is the real racing car... you'd also need to change your coil pack really if your sparks are gone... I think of olaplex as a coil pack :D

Olaplex is the ONLY bond Multiplier out there, it has 8 world patents, meaning no other company can make anything like it until Olaplex's patent runs out. All other "plex's" out there are deep conditioners.
And by the way there are over 70+ plex's out there but they are deep conditioner and do not repair broken disulfide bonds.

[email protected] is the UK distributor for Olaplex and yes you can get it in the UK.
If you need more info on Olaplex go to Olaplex.com and go on Facebook at Olaplex Users which is for licensed professionals.

Latest posts

Back