Olaplex stand alone treatment not getting results

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So I am an avid Olaplex user. I always quote all my prices involving lightener with Olaplex. So far, I've done two stand alone treatments with Olaplex and followed the directions precisely. Both times I do not get the same great results as I get when paired in another service. Does anyone have any feed back on this? I'm thinking of trying it in a clear glaze.

What result are you hoping to achieve?

@surfgirl for the better hair integrity...honestly anything. Both times the hair appeared and felt the same

I mean, do I have to pair it with something else to get results?

You don't have to, it should strengthen the hair as a stand alone treatment. It depends what condition the hair is in. If it's dry then it's not gonna do much, but if it's weak then it will strengthen the hair. It's great for ladies that have just had babies and the hairs on the hairline are weak. It really helps strengthen those up. But olaplex magic is seen mainly when used with bleach and 40 Vol! !

Ok maybe I should be booking a hydrating deep condition along with an olaplex tx when their hair is dry

I use OLAPLEX on my daughter as a stand alone.
Her hair is to her waist, quite fine in texture, but lots of.
It has a wee balayage, and she likes her hot tools!:oops:
It is VERY easy to tangle.

After OLAPLEX, I use Pro fiber, by L'OREAL, which I also love, and OMG, it's GORGEOUS.......
That double combo.....it just works!:D

What does pro fiber do?

So I am an avid Olaplex user. I always quote all my prices involving lightener with Olaplex. So far, I've done two stand alone treatments with Olaplex and followed the directions precisely. Both times I do not get the same great results as I get when paired in another service. Does anyone have any feed back on this? I'm thinking of trying it in a clear glaze.
I LOVE Olaplex paired with a clear glaze. It is shines and feels amazing. I'm surprised you haven't seen results doing a stand alone. Maybe your hair is already in great shape!

I use OLAPLEX on my daughter as a stand alone.
Her hair is to her waist, quite fine in texture, but lots of.
It has a wee balayage, and she likes her hot tools!:oops:
It is VERY easy to tangle.

After OLAPLEX, I use Pro fiber, by L'OREAL, which I also love, and OMG, it's GORGEOUS.......
That double combo.....it just works!:D

Just love Pro fiber but cant get hold of it :-| Agree the results are amazing!

I don't really understand 100% what your looking to achieve because the part of the hair it works on is inside, it just makes hair stronger, if there are any other issues like moisture etc, they need to be addressed after the olaplex treatment, so I.e finishing with a strong moisture conditioner.

from my personal experience of olaplex standalone in my salon we've noticed the hair feels light (in weight) overall shine during the time between appointments is better & when doing a bleaching process after a treatment there is little to no damage.

My colleague has one once a week & shed previously been bright red (which knackers your hair as we know) then went ombré, her hair was very frizzy and damaged in the mids & ends, we then took her dark which highlighted the damage a lot, since going dark she had a tiny trim & we do olaplex once a week... Her hair is beautiful now, long, soft, shiny, strong, it's really in great condition

@surfgirl the only time I don't see results is the stand alone treatment

I wonder, can we use it with Sebastian's cellophane?

You're not going to see or feel results first time using it. Olaplex works internally to repair broken disulphide bonds. However eventually helping inside will start to help outside. I recommend using moisture treatments along with olaplex... Or protein if the client requires it rather than moisture which you can use your professional judgment to decide.

@Jennvilles I'm talking about my clients' hair
.....or maybe the clients hair is already in good shape. It's hard to see dramatic results when the hair is in good condition before using Olaplex. :). One definite result I see is the shine. To me it makes the hair very shiny. :)

Latest posts

Back