Olaplex vs Magi Bond?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynseylashes

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have info on the 2 of these and what do you think is best. Also what would you charge extra for these. I know a bit about olaplex but nothin about magibond. I can't afford to buy the olaplex as its a lot of money and I'm not sure how popular it would be in my salon as its quite a poor area. So wondering if magi bond would be OK to get instead and is it as good?

It's not the same product in any way

What's the differences?

What's the differences?
Magi:Bond primary active ingredient is N-acetyl cysteine, or NAC is generally used as a supplement for hair loss. Most commonly, doctors might prescribe this drug as an inhalant to treat mucus buildup. NAC may also provide antioxidants that help to combat aging factors, such as hair loss. Hair loss is a medical issue and entirely different than preventing and repairing damage. In addition, with NAC products, the problem is that visible hair is not living. It has already been created, and it cannot incorporate L-cysteine into its structure. And unless you leave the product on your scalp 24 hours a day, the L-cysteine is not going to seep into the follicle that produces the hair, which uses glycine and tyrosine in greater amounts than L-cysteine. Soy isoflavones is generally used as a hair growth supplement and would have no effect in regards to actual chemistry. Keratin protein is just that, protein which is an entirely separate issue. None of these ingredients build or cross link broken disulfide bonds in the hair.

Hi does anyone have info on the 2 of these and what do you think is best. Also what would you charge extra for these. I know a bit about olaplex but nothin about magibond. I can't afford to buy the olaplex as its a lot of money and I'm not sure how popular it would be in my salon as its quite a poor area. So wondering if magi bond would be OK to get instead and is it as good?

Hiya I bought this from manchester on monday and I liked it, my salon 2 is in a poor area so I have been buying lisaplex from adele which is cheaper than olaplex, I charge £1 per 1 ml x

@cams97 wanna buy some jodieplex? It's like olaplex but cheaper :)

I know it is it's been all over Facebook all day :rolleyes: it's still nothing like olaplex tho o_O
Well I wouldn't know as I not used olaplex but end of the day it's works for what you need it to work for so who cares?

Well I wouldn't know as I not used olaplex but end of the day it's works for what you need it to work for so who cares?

We care because we're not sure of the science behind the dupe products. Its could plant protein that makes the hair feel 'lovely' and like its 'working for what you need' however overuse of the protein would destroy the hair, sucking the last bit of moisture out and leaving you with hair on the floor for the client to take home in a bag.

We care because we're not sure of the science behind the dupe products. Its could plant protein that makes the hair feel 'lovely' and like its 'working for what you need' however overuse of the protein would destroy the hair, sucking the last bit of moisture out and leaving you with hair on the floor for the client to take home in a bag.
Surely common sence would tell you who it would and wouldn't work on? If hair is very badley damaged would you still go ahead and heavily bleach it? Because am sure I wouldn't even when using anything like olaplex, lisaplex or magi bond??

Surely common sence would tell you who it would and wouldn't work on? If hair is very badley damaged would you still go ahead and heavily bleach it? Because am sure I wouldn't even when using anything like olaplex, lisaplex or magi bond??

The hair doesn't need to be 'badly' damaged prior to cause excessive damage from protein.

This sort of comment breaks my heart :(
I care.....and anyone who REALLY LOVES hair should make a point of finding out the difference between the GOOD, the BAD....and the UGLY!:cool:

Hiya I bought this from manchester on monday and I liked it, my salon 2 is in a poor area so I have been buying lisaplex from adele which is cheaper than olaplex, I charge £1 per 1 ml x

Lisaplex:

Water is used as the main solvent. Hydrolyzed vegetable protein PG propyl silanetriol is an artificially modified amino acid from vegetables and film forming compound. Hydrolyzed oats are used as a hair conditioning agent. Hydrolyzed wheat protein is a film forming and hair conditioning agent. Hydrolyzed soy protein is used as a hair conditioning agent. Phenoxyethanol is used as a preservative. Ethylhexylglcerin is used as a surfactant.

Update.
Since writing this I tried magi bond and didn't really notice much difference. So I got olaplex and it's fantastic. Much better. I was unsure on spending the money on it but I'm glad I did now. I would defiantly recommend saving for this.

Update.
Since writing this I tried magi bond and didn't really notice much difference. So I got olaplex and it's fantastic. Much better. I was unsure on spending the money on it but I'm glad I did now. I would defiantly recommend saving for this.
I have tried Magi bond a few times now on various things am not impressed any more!

Latest posts

Back