Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sally40

Reaction score
Mobile hairdressers , how successful are you at providing this service and how much would you charge as am thinking of adding this to my services but quite costly if not popular , thanks Sally x

Mobile hairdressers , how successful are you at providing this service and how much would you charge as am thinking of adding this to my services but quite costly if not popular , thanks Sally x
I find it's very successful for clients who have damaged / unruly / problematic hair. I find I have a hard time trying to convince clients who have relatively good hair to have the service. It is very costly, but definitely with it!. Hope this helps

I find it's very successful for clients who have damaged / unruly / problematic hair. I find I have a hard time trying to convince clients who have relatively good hair to have the service. It is very costly, but definitely with it!. Hope this helps
If you don't mind me asking , how much do you charge please ?

I bought the travelling stylist kit after attending the training, I really liked it but found it expensive, I charged £15 for the stand alone treatment, and I think the same if added to the colour. I use matrix colours and they do ultim8 which is half the price ! My customers all prefer it, they all say it's better! Also as it's cheaper I charge half the price! X

If you don't mind me asking , how much do you charge please ?
We charge £20 per stand alone treatment and and £15 if you use less "1/8oz" that's what was recommended by Aston and Fincher.

Reccomended pricing is £40 for a stand alone or £20 in colour

It is recommended to charge as much as you would for your most expensive conditioning service. I assume this would hold true with mobile stylist as well as those in a brick and mortar.

I bought the travelling stylist kit after attending the training, I really liked it but found it expensive, I charged £15 for the stand alone treatment, and I think the same if added to the colour. I use matrix colours and they do ultim8 which is half the price ! My customers all prefer it, they all say it's better! Also as it's cheaper I charge half the price! X
Trouble is, ultim8 is not the same as Olaplex. This might start off a little argument, but nothing is the same as Olaplex. Contact 3 people if you really don't believe me. Contact an Olaplex rep, a matrix rep and a chemist(scientist)l ultim8 does not claim to re-link broken bonds like Olaplex doesl if you look at the ingredients it's very similar to an an intensive conditioning treatmen, Olaplex is nothing like that. The reason your clients might initially like matrix more is because bond ultim8 is an intensive deep coditioning treatment- leaving a film that smooths and cuticle layer. Olaplex is not a conditioner, it permenantly rebonds the inside, the outside is not affected by it which is why you need conditioner after unlike matrix which does the opposite, a side by side test pushing the hair to the max will show you that,

A full treatment is £35 here and a colour is £10 on top of the colour or £12-15.

Latest posts

Back