Omg, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amber tan

Reaction score
i have just come home from the salon nearly in tears. i have mousy brown natural hair. Normally i have all over foils with bleach to get the nice blonde effect, bt for some insqane reason i decided just to have an all over bleach. My hairdresser was a bit unsure bt i convinced her to. I now have an all over orangy yellow blonde head and i hate it. What shall i do, she has suggested to put some very light brown streaks through it to break it up a bit. Also if she put an all over ash on it would i look grey. As you can tell im no hairdresser HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP

aw poor u! full head bleach is a very hard colour to pull off,

u could put a toner on, it shouldnt look grey as long as its only left on long enough to actually tone the hair and no longer, if ur frightened get her to do a strand test to show u what the colour would turn out like but are u still going to not like it for the fact its now a block colour?

streaks are an option aswell as would reverse highlighting. i.e u already have your highlighted colour. ur h.d could weave the highlights as if she was goin to aplly and put condition on instead in the foil. then the rest of the hair can be coloured back to a natural tone once rinsed, uv got a head of natural brown or what ever colour u chose with bleached highlights still

hth! let us know what happens

Last edited:
Fanks 4 advice. Watch this space and i will let u know x

I'm not a hairdresser, but my Mum was for 30 years! I picked up the odd bit!

If you have orange/yellow going on, you need a tone on it to neutralise the yellow tones. Which would be and ash tone, it won;t make your hair grey, but it will reduce the orange/yellow tones. Leaving your hair with a more natural & softened look. All hair has a natural red pigment in it, which in your case, has not been removed enough.
Go back & get them to do the ash thing, you'll be pleased, I was blonde for 25 years, I'm now a dark brown - considering going back to blonde. My natural colour is mousey brown too.

I'm sorry to give advice on this as a non hair geek so wait for hair geeks to respond, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the right area here.
Hair geeks - feel free to tell me off if it's wrong.

Hey!!! I would do what your hairdresser first suggested thin close to your natural colour foils then tone it at the basin this should bring it similar to how you had it before. Or if you want to stay all over blonde id put a blonde tint on it because your hair is now pre lightened it would come up realy blonde!!! Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back