On site massage/seated massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quiet Therapist

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you need to have a specific qualification in onsite massage in order to offer it as a treatment?

I am qualified in full body massage and Indian Head massage (amongst other things) and wondered if I could offer this treatment (and be insured)?

Many thanks!

I don't know why you wouldn't be insured but you're best talking to your insurance company!

Vicki x

Thanks I will check with insurance.

Has anyone got any experience of onsite and whether you need a specific certificate?

I'm also interested in this...

Do you mean seated acupressure -style onsite massage ? If so, then yes, you'd need to be separately qualified to gain insurance .

If you mean going on-site (like into workplaces) then you can do seated back neck shoulders/ Indian head with your existing quals

As long as you are qualified/certified, onsite chair massage shouldn't be a problem for your insurance company.

Thanks for the replies.

I was after info on seated accupressure massage, I have an Indian Head Massage qual as well as full body massage.

Just wondered if I bought myself a massage chair whether in order for me to advertise this type of massage I would need a seperate qualification?

I am qualified in IHM and we covered accupressure points will check with my insurance company.

I wouldn't imagine you would need anymore quals as full body and IHM will cover for this type of chair massage, it is just a different approach to what you are already doing.

Thanks for the replies.

I was after info on seated accupressure massage, I have an Indian Head Massage qual as well as full body massage.

Just wondered if I bought myself a massage chair whether in order for me to advertise this type of massage I would need a seperate qualification?

I am qualified in IHM and we covered accupressure points will check with my insurance company.

If you want to do on site acupressure massage, then yes you do need a qualification. If you just want to do a neck/shoulder massage I would think your current qualifications would cover you.

Also bear in mind that if you work for a corporate massage company, the better ones will require you to be properly qualified in on site acupressure massage. I would recommend Academy of On Site Massage or Touchpro. Avoid the one day courses they are not sufficient.

Latest posts

Back