One day threading course, yay or nay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
The question is in the title.

What's the learning curve like on threading? Is it something that you need a lot of classroom time for or is it something that comes with practice after a one day course?

I'm thinking one day course with practice. What are your thoughts?

I did 1 day training with swetavajir and found it fantastic. Even better you can go back whenever you want for free if you need more time training with them.
Very professional and well taught.

I love threading and felt confident after the 1 day training and practice on some willing clients, for free of course.

Good luck

Definatly something that could be done in one day. Its one of these things that you just need to practice practice practice.

I done mines at the Scottish Beauty School in Glasgow and was a half day course.

I did 1 day training with swetavajir and found it fantastic. Even better you can go back whenever you want for free if you need more time training with them.
Very professional and well taught.

I love threading and felt confident after the 1 day training and practice on some willing clients, for free of course.

Good luck

Where is this course based as I am interested and have been looking for a good course for a long time x

Where is this course based as I am interested and have been looking for a good course for a long time x

I actually just checked on google and found the course.. Seen a site in London :) x

I done a day course with
The British Beauty Academy.
I found it good but like with everything else it's just practice, practice ..
I hope this helps xx

My daughter and I did a course at Salma's Beauty Academy in Batley about 3 weeks ago and the general feeling from all 7 of us attending the course on the day was that no-one was confident enough to start offering threading as a treatment and that in fact the course was pretty poor. For a 'Beauty Academy' the place is a total dive, the tutor was dire and for what we paid we didn't feel that we did enough actual hand's on practice on the day. On a more positive note though threading is not as difficult as it looks, and as everyone says practice practice all the way. Where we have struggled most is not with the threading itself but with shaping....so for example threading a face or top lip is really pretty easy but none of us feels confident enough to fully re-shape someone's brows!! We are still doing it free on our more regular clients for now until we master it.

Someone from salmas came to my college to teach a day course in threading, I thought it was really good & I felt confident enough to do it straight away x

I organised a tutor from Salma's to train a group of us in Durham a few years back and thought it was a good course.
You are taught how to do it, like any one day course its up to you how much you practice before you decide you are at a professional level to charge for it.

I went to salma's for the one day threading course and all of us had a good day. As it turned out there was only three of us on the course that day so we got loads of practice on each other as well as on our models.

Someone from salmas came to my college to teach a day course in threading, I thought it was really good & I felt confident enough to do it straight away x

I guess it depends on who teaches you! I had heard that the course was good but we all did feel a bit despondent on the day. I believe Salma herself is the best person to teach threading but unfortunately for us she didn't take our class.

Latest posts

Back