One Mother's Son....BBC Website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Zoo

Reaction score
I know this is a web site for nail and beauty Geeks but I thought I would post a link to this on the BBC website. It's about the families of soldiers who are out in Afghanistan.

BBC NEWS | News Front Page | Front page

Once in there click on Magazine on the left hand side and the main story is titled One Mother's Son. The article is by my Sister-in-law and what she has gone through since my nephew, Jay, has been out there. I cried when I read it as I know, first hand, the ordeal she has faced.

Just look at the difference in the pictures of both of them. Jay has grown up, he went a boy and is coming back a man. Lesley has aged about 10 years!!!!:eek: (I know she won't mind me saying that!!!)

As I said I know this is not relevant to the site but I am sure that I am not the only person on here who's family is affected by this.

Oh, I have just received an e-mail from Lesley to say that Jay is back in this country safe and well. Also she has been asked to do an interview for the BBC about this but has declined.....I have told her I think she should do it!!!

I know this is a web site for nail and beauty Geeks but I thought I would post a link to this on the BBC website. It's about the families of soldiers who are out in Afghanistan.

BBC NEWS | News Front Page | Front page

Once in there click on Magazine on the left hand side and the main story is titled One Mother's Son. The article is by my Sister-in-law and what she has gone through since my nephew, Jay, has been out there. I cried when I read it as I know, first hand, the ordeal she has faced.

Just look at the difference in the pictures of both of them. Jay has grown up, he went a boy and is coming back a man. Lesley has aged about 10 years!!!!:eek: (I know she won't mind me saying that!!!)

As I said I know this is not relevant to the site but I am sure that I am not the only person on here who's family is affected by this.

Oh, I have just received an e-mail from Lesley to say that Jay is back in this country safe and well. Also she has been asked to do an interview for the BBC about this but has declined.....I have told her I think she should do it!!!

I don't think our lads should be out there. Or in Iraq. I know it's their job, and they know it's their job. But the waste of young life is tragic.

I agree with you hun BUT Jay really enjoyed being out there and liked the people.....we only get to see what the media wants us to see :irked: The Afghan people are SO appreciative of the soldiers out there.

I really don't want this to get into a should they/shouldn't they be out there thread. I just posted it for information really and because it is something close to my heart :)

Yeah a few of the lads I went to school with joined up and thankfully are still with us, one stayed out in Jordan a long time.. another in Afghanistan.. they love it and as you say, we only see what is in the papers etc

Latest posts

Back