One stroke problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lana-Jayne

Reaction score
Hi all took the plunge and decided to learn free hand and one stroke nail art. I just have a couple of things I'm unsure about.
From what I've seen when using acrylic paints your surface has to be Matt for the paint to adhere. Would I right in thinking that when using gel polish you would complete the full service then lightly buff the topcoat before applying nail art to make it Matt?is it ok to use a gel topcoat over acrylic paints?thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Hi, I use acrylic nail art paint free hand on shellac. I completely finish the nails, wipe away the sticky layer then get creating. I tend to find if the paint is thinner it seems to spilt but I use a slightly thicker and it works fine. I let it dry (by the time the second hand is done its dry) then I shellac top coat again. I always practise on a spare tip that way you don't have any worries when working on a client :)

The paint I use is docrafts artiste, all purpose acrylic paint. It's only from the range and it works better than any specific nail art paint.

Latest posts

Back