Online booking for clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been thinking about getting an online booking system for my clients to use for a while now. I'm getting busier than ever and am finding it hard to have the time to call/text clients back to book appointments and wondered if any of you are using online booking and how it works for you?
I know clients will like it I'm just worried about not being in control of my diary!

I would appreciate any of your thoughts!

Personally i think online booking is opening up a potential for lots of problems-people booking in and not turning up, booking in the wrong treatment etc.

I've had online booking via salon iris for a few years now. It's been fantastic. We've had no end of new clients through it and many of our regulars use it as well. We allow them to book up to 3 months in advance. The system sends out automatic reminders and no shows are a rarity.

We're generally very busy so we don't have the odd brow wax in the middle of the afternoon but if you do, you can just pick up the phone and rearrange.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just added online booking through Banner Penguin, who have created my website as well. I haven't opened up my new business yet but after lots of research i haven't seen one person say they regret having it.

It's only £4.99 a month, i think. Mine is tied in with my website hosting but i'm pretty confident that's the price.

Pro's are that people can book the appointment as and when they want to. No forgetting or not being able to get through on the phone, which is important for me as a one man band.

I also have it set so that they cannot book for an hour from the current time, so that i have time to see the appointment and get ready for it.

You can choose whether to add set up time into your appointment time, which i have done, or you can have an automatic gap put between each appointment.

The only con i can think of is that you can't book multiple appointments. You would have to book one appointment, then go back on and book the next appointment.

Hope this helps x

On my old website I had one, I cant remember what it was called but I did have bookings via it.
It was also free, so im sure if you look online you will find one :)

My clients can book up to three different treatments but I also 'group' some treatments together for ease, so half leg, bikini, under arm is in as one treatments and so on.

Vic x

Good idea Vic x

That's great thank you for all your help. It does seem like a great idea and would save me having to try and call everyone back etc. I've been looking at trying booking bug but may contact banner penguin and see what they offer.

Thank you!

That's great thank you for all your help. It does seem like a great idea and would save me having to try and call everyone back etc. I've been looking at trying booking bug but may contact banner penguin and see what they offer.

Thank you!
We can offer our own solution or can work with any third party including booking bug so feel free to give us a shout if you need a website :)

We can offer our own solution or can work with any third party including booking bug so feel free to give us a shout if you need a website :)
I have a website. I just need the booking system.... Is this something you could do?

I have a website. I just need the booking system.... Is this something you could do?
Unfortunately at this time we only offer online booking for our websites we build :)

Ovatu is incredible

Enjoy life

Ok thanks will check out ovatu too

Hi everyone,
I've been thinking about getting an online booking system for my clients to use for a while now. I'm getting busier than ever and am finding it hard to have the time to call/text clients back to book appointments and wondered if any of you are using online booking and how it works for you?
I know clients will like it I'm just worried about not being in control of my diary!

I would appreciate any of your thoughts!
Hello Kate,

We are appointment scheduling software. It is online so works with all devices and also can be integrated in your website, sms, e-mail reminders and other features. You can try our program for 30 days for FREE. We will help to use the program if you are interested.

Hi kate,

I've just been reading through this thread and can help you setup an Ovatu account and build your system for you.

If you wanted to take a look at out website it is www.ovatu.com

If you have any question please feel free to give us a call on 01604238808

As a salon of 5/6 self employed staff we are looking into appointment scheduling software, with the potential of moving across to online booking. We are looking for something that is easy to use as none of us are particularly computer minded, sms reminders would also be great. But, our one concern is that we are based in a rather rural/but large town and our internet has been known to 'drop out' my question would be are there any software options that send an automatic back up that you can access offline? Our worry would be that we turn up to the salon one morning to discover we have no internet therefore, having no access to our diary or scheduling system.

We use salon iris @Paula_Radiance for that very reason. We're in the middle of nowhere and Internet has just gone several times in the past few months. Salon Iris is on the computer so we can still check clients in and out and rebook them. It's been a lifesaver for us. I'm also just not sure about having all my clients info in the cloud, but that's probably just me!

I've had SI for years so any questions please ask x

Latest posts

Back