Online massage course with a&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P&p

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an online massage course that includes a&p that would be suitable to use in a salon. I am self employed and want to add massage to my price list but can't afford to take time off work to do a day course & I have a family so can't be out in the evenings
So something from home would be great !

A and p can definitely be done as an online course. Even as a vtct qualification. It's all theory based as a science A level would be.

Massage online course though; plain dangerous in my opinion. Not just for a client but for you potentially. It's vital to learn with someone who can critique your technique from a health and safety perspective and I say this as someone who is generally very pro distance learning but massage is just one of those things that doesn't lend itself to that method of study.

A lot of colleges do massage as an evening course for three or so hours per week. This will often include the a and p qualification anyway.

I agree, massage is not something you can learn online. Basic things like knowing if your pressure was correct or your technique is good are impossible to check. I would also be very surprised if you were able to get insurance after such a course.

Gateway do an on-line ITEC A&P course. You also get a tutor to help you. Do not do massage on-line.

Please don't do the massage course. But definitely do an A&P one, it's very useful investment for moving on later.

I agree, don't do massage via distance learning - it needs someone watching you at every step. Also, if you don't have time to take a day off work to attend a day course, then surely you don't have free time to fit in clients for new treatments?!

Definitely do not learn massage on line!

Having taught massage for over a decade the hands on learning is essential.
As said above, you need your model to tell you if you are using the right pressure, feels good etc.
On a college course you will learn on each other first and be expected to practice in between sessions on friends and family. Do not expect the time in class to be enough to become competent. Once you are confident in completing a full body massage you will then be observed and assessed several times by your tutor. This is how you pass the practical side of the course. Theory will be assessed by either written or multiple choice papers taken under exam conditions. You therefore need to allow study time at home to prepare for these tests.
If you completed your level 2 treatments at College, it will be a familiar set up - just new techniques to learn. H&S and Client Care never change!
It's well worth the time investment as you can earn good money with massage treatments. It will also open the door to other courses such as aromatherapy, stone therapy, lava shells etc - all good profitable services.

I agree, don't do massage via distance learning - it needs someone watching you at every step. Also, if you don't have time to take a day off work to attend a day course, then surely you don't have free time to fit in clients for new treatments?!
I meant a daytime course .. Assuming the courses will be longer than a day .. Resulting in me having to take days off every week

Thank you ladies I have just booked a&up to do as a home study. Once iv passed this I will look into a massage course that will fit around my work & family .. I'm very excited !

Latest posts

Back