Onycholysis and topical retinoids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowjam

Reaction score
Been meaning to post this and only just remembered. Before lockdown I had a client who has been getting regular gel nails for years. Last time she came in I couldn't do gel on her nails because she had visibly shrunken nail beds all round and onycholysis on at least four nails. I told her she needed a break until the nails had healed and advised her to keep them short, use daily nail oil and a nail multivitamin if possible. I'd only seen her about a month before so I was really surprised at the change. She'd been for a blood test, which was normal
I asked her all the usual healthcare, routine and products questions and the only thing she was doing differently was using an over the counter topical retinoid on her face and a moisturiser with a bit of hydrogen peroxide in it (it's tiny I checked). I've done some research but I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience of onycholysis issues with Retinol and /or hydrogen peroxide skincare products?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back