Open air day stall ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
Hello my dears, hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather?
A local radio station is hosting a big party in the park in my local town. There is lots of different music bands, family activities and they have the option of craft stalls at £5 a pitch, plus an additional donation on the day and a raffle prize to be donated. I am thinking of doing a stall there on the day to get the name of my business out there as I am rebranding at the end of this month so want to try and get some new clients through the door.
It would be down to me to provide a table,gazebo; everything I need and don't know whether it would be a good idea just to stick to manicures for £5 with an OPI nail polish on top or whether I should do Gelish soak off gel colours? I just worry about being outside if it's really sunny even if I am under a gazebo.
I also though about doing a little gift bag for customers; my card, a voucher and a little gift but not sure what to include as never done anything like this? What would you all charge for both of the above plus a gift bag? xxx
Any ideas my fellow geeks xxx

❓😁❓

I'd definitely be careful with the gelish. One of my colours managed to part-cure through a window when I was opening the lid to have a nosey on a sunny day. I wanted to see how much was left in the bottle and it turned out pretty full so I've pretty much lost a nearly full bottle because of that, I was so angry!

Also for the gift bag idea, instead of giving out a lot of them why don't you put loads of goodies in one including the voucher and raffle it off, then have a stock of business cards and then the outlay for you isn't as much xx

You could offer a free goody bag worth £?? that they receive on their first appointment in the salon. That way they have to collect it and you wont waste goods on people that wont become clients.

I agree with the gelish. Not outside. Do you have Vinylux? My clients are amazed that it is dry really quick and you would get some sales from this too.

Hand and arm massage also gives you an opportunity to talk about yourself and the salon.

Yes I think I will just offer a manicure and a opi nail polish coat. I have a lovely clear with glitter in it which will suit most people that come visit me and a massage sounds a great way to chat and talk about what I can offer.

I did my first one last summer at a local school and it was a great success. I gave a voucher for a raffle which was for a Vinylux manicure and offered file and polish for adults and children on the day, I also took hand creams, nail oils, nail files and nail transfers to sell. I took a flip chart to show photos of my work and set up my shellac lamp and colour pops for people to look at. I literally never stopped all day, there was always a line of people waiting so luckily I had my sister with me to talk to people as they were waiting. I also got business off the back of it. I'm sure you'll have a great day xxx

I did my first one last summer at a local school and it was a great success. I gave a voucher for a raffle which was for a Vinylux manicure and offered file and polish for adults and children on the day, I also took hand creams, nail oils, nail files and nail transfers to sell. I took a flip chart to show photos of my work and set up my shellac lamp and colour pops for people to look at. I literally never stopped all day, there was always a line of people waiting so luckily I had my sister with me to talk to people as they were waiting. I also got business off the back of it. I'm sure you'll have a great day xxx

Hi, that sounds fantastic! Were you outside and did you have to provide your own stand. I would like to retail some hand creams/oil as I know some of my clients don't use it. Where can you get small versions for retail from? Xx

Why not offer a few quick treatments? File and polish, arm massage? Then you can be getting bums on seats and showing what you want do.
Have a price list to give out to customers and passersby and maybe try and take some of their details if they're local and do a special "offer" for when they come into the salon.

Hi, that sounds fantastic! Were you outside and did you have to provide your own stand. I would like to retail some hand creams/oil as I know some of my clients don't use it. Where can you get small versions for retail from? Xx

Hiya yes we were outside, the school provided a table which I had to pay I think £10. The event was in the school yard so because it was concrete I couldn't put up any gazebo and it was a really hot day, next time would definitely take a cool bag to keep my nail colours in oh and Sun block, lol. I only use / retail CND products which I get from Sweet Squared xx

Latest posts

Back