Open Day - freaking out!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carly.smith.333

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

Oh my god, i feel like im freaking out now! My friend and i have recently renovated and turned an old mans barber shop into a stylish hairdressers and beauty salon all in 10 days (which i think is pretty impressive!) it does look amazing now and we're so happy with it, bar a few tweaks we need to finish tomorrow.

Anyway, we are having an 'open day' on tuesday 2-8pm where we're doing a raffle, champagne, the local paper is coming and just generally try to take lots of bookings, gonna have ballons outside etc.... are there any of bits of advice you could offer us for such open day? Any quirky ideas?

Our official 1st day of trading will be Wednesday, and as much as im quite an organised and anal person, i still feel like iv got a million and one things to do or still buy,.... please help or just generally reassure me! :S

many thanks!!"!

xxx

How about offering everyone who comes in a chance to win a gift voucher. Just get them to fill in their details - name, address email, phones, birthday, etc - and draw a name out. That way you get their details :)
Free straightening, nail polish, eyebrow wax, etc...
Discount on certain services if they book on the day ...
Introduce a friend for a discount or 2 for 1 ...
HTH

do tinting patch tests on the night and then give them a card saying this card entitles you to 10% off tinting to be used within one month from this date or something along those lines. As mentioned before doing some taster treatments that dont take you very long. If you book on the night recive 10%off the treatment, 10% off retail brought on the night.

Hi
A salon near me had an open day and they had a big bunch of balloons in the salon and inside each balloon was some sort of prize or voucher of some sort. It ranged from things like 10% off your first treatment to complementary manicure, i think the top prize was an afternoon of total pampering. They advertised this and it brought a lot of new people through the door. I thought it was a great idea and if done well the balloons could look great. Anyway just a thought, all the best with your day. xx

I had an open day at th beginning of sept,I had loads of balloons that had a prize inside and they paid £1 I was raising money for a local hospice aswell,I also giv every person who came a raffle ticket a free one for a prize of something that would need repeating so like a set of nails or something this went down well and the overall day we raised alot of money for th charity

Good luck with your day xx

Good on you two! Firstly I hope your day is fabulous, secondly, would it be practical to have anyone model for you, so to speak, fabulous nails, great spray tan etc etc.

I love the idea about prizes in balloons - I'm definitely stealing that if I ever get up the gumption to go salon based rather than mobile! :green:

thanks guys!!!

so when u say prizes in ballons, like a card saying what the prize is inside? Like a raffle? SOrry im a bit confused....

xx

Where is cyprus r u?

My sister lives out in Cyprus and works at a private primary and secondary school... I think its limasol area.
I'm sure if your near she'll pop down with my niece and get aload of the mums down along with teachers etc...

If its near whats it called and the addy?

I think the balloon idea is have the gift card inside the balloon then maybe draw a raffle have like 5 or 6 winners and just they choose a balloon to pop and have all sparkles etc in them... then have a few 10% off, free blowdry, half price cut and have a big one of maybe 50% off or free (depends how nice you wanna be) cut, colour and blowdry.

defo champers and choccies... have red ribbon somewhere to cut to say its officially open maybe across the sinks or summit... (good photo for paper) get a local charity in to collect donations and say write a chq for them for like £50 and donate yourself they might put you on there website or something.

Local Jewellers may come along might even put in a braclet or summit for one of the balloons aslong as u mention its from there shop

x

Yeah I printed loads of prizes tickets out but don't forget some that say sorry your not a winner so they buy another one and put them in th balloon and blew them up discount things for if they book on the day 10% does go along way in the clients eyes xx

Latest posts

Back